The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

27 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Guessing Jeff Holmes was the lucky winner of a day's work experience at Colonial Quay in the annual followfollow prize draw.

E2EI_rUWEAIpoY-.jpg.b71385b27310fda9f4283fcbe7c93e09.jpg

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/latest-premiership-news/revealed-rangers-provide-scotland-support-more-fans-celtic-aberdeen-and-hearts-1415487

Yet, data revealed by the digital manager of the SFA shows that Rangers have the biggest percentage of fans among Scotland Supporter Club members"

9 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

f**k rangers fans..probably all be sitting next week with the union flag flying and england tops on hoping the masters put the servants back in their boxes.

Certainly not all of us 😅

10 hours ago, Avon Barksdale said:

"So how did we get to this point? Perhaps we can rewind to the mid-1980s, when Graeme Souness lured England internationals like Terry Butcher and Chris Woods to Ibrox. Whenever these guys represented their country there was a whole host of Bears tuning in. But the majority of Rangers supporters still followed Scotland.

When the Geordie genius Gazza joined Rangers in 1995, a few more made the switch from the dark blue of Scotland to the iconic white top of England."

facepalms.gif

I have noticed a few more accounts with bunting in their social media bios are tagging along with Scotland now.

They just love a glory hunt.

I'd rather every Scot supported Scotland but they can't be forced. If the Old Firm weirdos (let's not forget Celtic fans are just as bad for this) want to support England, Northern & Southern Ireland over their own nation that's up to them but don't jump back on the band wagon when we actually qualify for something, that makes you look very needy and quite pathetic.

12 hours ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Riddled with outright lies and rewriting of history. Absolute fucking nonsense.

Personally, I feel the amount of Rangers fans believed to support England over Scotland and wish Scotland to lose is overexaggerated. I don't doubt that some will and many more are quite apathetic towards the national side, but in my experience, most would like to see Scotland succeed but acknowledge there is a disconnect between them and the rest of the Scottish fanbase.

Those that cannot enjoy being Scottish and support their national team due to the events of 2012 onwards are misguided in my opinion. You can have a gripe with the SFA and still support the team - it's not mutually exclusive.

Edited by AJF

What should the SFA have done to save Rangers and their £200 billion of debt to the HMRC?  Stop a government department from doing their legal duty of winding a business up that can't pay its debts?  Letting the new club straight into the SPL?  Pay their debt for them?

Personally, I feel the amount of Rangers fans believed to support England over Scotland and wish Scotland to lose is overexaggerated. I don't doubt that some will and many more are quite apathetic towards the national side, but in my experience, most would like to see Scotland succeed but acknowledge there is a disconnect between them and the rest of the Scottish fanbase.
Those that cannot enjoy being Scottish and support their national team due to the events of 2012 onwards are misguided in my opinion. You can have a gripe with the SFA and still support the team - it's not mutually exclusive.
Totally agree with your last point.

I despise the SFA but that doesn't make me want Scotland to lose every game or actively support opposing teams against Scotland. That would be mental.

I also despise Scotland fans who boo players in general but in particular ones that have played for Rangers. Lee Wallace getting booed was rotten.

12 hours ago, Avon Barksdale said:

What a pile of absolute shite.

When Morton, Dundee United and Aberdeen etc started signing barrowloads of Scandanavians in the 1960s their fans didn't start supporting Denmark, Sweden etc.

What help have Rangers ever offered to other clubs? They wanted Berwick, East Stirlingshire, Brechin City Stranraer and Stenhousemuir thrown out of the league in 1963. They (or at least their chairman) put Airdrie out of business. What help did they offer Third Lanark in 1967? They buy up players at rock bottom prices and then don't play them.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I've been disinterested in Scotland since the apparent refusal to cap Anti Niemi.

Can we not now change this, and mix it up a little with Glen Kamara? He was Finnish when he left Dundee.

Edited by johnnydun

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What a pile of absolute shite.

When Morton, Dundee United and Aberdeen etc started signing barrowloads of Scandanavians in the 1960s their fans didn't start supporting Denmark, Sweden etc.

What help have Rangers ever offered to other clubs? They wanted Berwick, East Stirlingshire, Brechin City Stranraer and Stenhousemuir thrown out of the league in 1963. They (or at least their chairman) put Airdrie out of business. What help did they offer Third Lanark in 1967? They buy up players at rock bottom prices and then don't play them.

Not again, Jacksgranda! Albion Rovers were one of the five, East Stirlingshire were not. But I fully agree, the article is a pile of absolute shite.