The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 05/05/2021 at 17:12, craigkillie said:

On Petrie's Montrose, they were one of the best drilled teams I've ever watched, very reminiscent of Steve Clarke's Killie. They might miss out on promotion again, but I've got a feeling Petrie will be a Premiership manager at some point in the next few years if he decides to give it a go full-time.

This is maybe for another thread but I said it at the time Ross County were in the market for a new manager after Kettlewell, former player Petrie should be given top consideration, along with his former County back team, Iain Campbell & Tony Bullock.  Instead we ended up with John yogi Hughes ffs! Thankfully, we only gave JH a contract to the end of this season so we will hopefully empty him and go back to Stewart Petrie in the summer. 

Just heard an English commentator say "Brendan Rodgers becomes the first manager to win both the FA and Scottish Cups.."

I remember a certain red nosed chap from Govan winning both trophies. Aw not pwoud, not pwoud at all...

On 15/05/2021 at 19:31, tamthebam said:

Just heard an English commentator say "Brendan Rodgers becomes the first manager to win both the FA and Scottish Cups.."

I remember a certain red nosed chap from Govan winning both trophies. Aw not pwoud, not pwoud at all...

John Cochrane was the first to achieve the feat, winning the Scottish Cup with St. Mirren in 1926 and the English FA Cup with Sunderland in 1937.

I tweeted that to Lineker to correct his error.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Consistently the very worst account on twitter dot com.

Daily Record levels of pish dot com

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Apart from Philpy.

Or magee. 

Has Magee tweeted himself into another punting, or a voluntary withdrawal? Any ideas @Flybhoy?

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I know the BBC Sport live text thingy is meant to be a bit more lighthearted than their usual coverage, but the thumb joke is a bit poor taste IMO.

image.png.62035302f960210420d513e977d15d36.png

Aye, agreed. I think a bit of banter about football personalities can be a good thing if it’s maybe about their actions or attributes. But making reference to a saying that ridicules his appearance should be left to the fans.

You just know that the servile bootlickers who masquerade as sports journalists up here (they are nothing of the sort mind; they are salesmen at best, click generators at worst) will proclaim how he is a Rangers 'product' or 'a product of' the Rangers youth system who have 'produced'..erm...one player that I can actually think of.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

E1wb1QsXEAIVhbZ.thumb.jpg.6842bdb3d5f0f6f17cd45ad71fb86119.jpg

According to Caledonia Braves, Gilmour is a great example of why the colts teams should be allowed in the Lowland League

Edited by Bose