The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

31 minutes ago, resk said:

The Collins drivel would be a close relation of the shite Strachan was out with last year about how "to call yourself a league team you should have to be full time" or some utter shite like that.  Melt.  

Strachan has went out his way recently to prove he is the moonhowling c**t many people have long suspected him of being.

On Petrie's Montrose, they were one of the best drilled teams I've ever watched, very reminiscent of Steve Clarke's Killie. They might miss out on promotion again, but I've got a feeling Petrie will be a Premiership manager at some point in the next few years if he decides to give it a go full-time.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

On Petrie's Montrose, they were one of the best drilled teams I've ever watched, very reminiscent of Steve Clarke's Killie. They might miss out on promotion again, but I've got a feeling Petrie will be a Premiership manager at some point in the next few years if he decides to give it a go full-time.

Surely the likes of Falkirk SHOULD be looking at him?

3 hours ago, true_rover said:
6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Surely the likes of Falkirk SHOULD be looking at him?

If you were him would you give what is apparently a very good job to manage Falkirk?

Depends how good his off the field job is and how desperate he is about getting into full time football. They're hardly an ideal candidate though as they'll no doubt for a full time side anyway be on a shoestring budget.

Whether he'd be interested or not is one thing but you'd think they would looking in his direction! 

Side note - would be a wee bit funny if Queens Park stick it up them next season as well.

Should the BBC giving prime airtime, and the leading story on their Scottish football sport page, to a racist to come on and "clear his name" with a completely half arsed apology that was more like a self promotion to tell people how good a coach he is, be worthy of a place in here?

Felt very off centre considering the current atmosphere in football as a whole.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Should the BBC giving prime airtime, and the leading story on their Scottish football sport page, to a racist to come on and "clear his name" with a completely half arsed apology that was more like a self promotion to tell people how good a coach he is, be worthy of a place in here?
Felt very off centre considering the current atmosphere in football as a whole.
It's on the sportsound thread

22 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Scottish 'Sportswriters' nominating a guy who has only started four games this season for Young Player of the Year shows their total ignorance of Scottish Football

22 hours ago, G51 said:

Patterson's started eight games this season IIRC - 3x Europa League, 3x Premiership, 2x Scottish Cup. Played 14 games all in, a total of 862 minutes.

It's not enough to get him YPOTY, and he shouldn't be on the shortlist, but it's not like he hasn't played a game of football either.

It's a two horse race between Doig and Turnbull for the award.

Is this award only open to players in the Premiership? Just wonder if there is an equivalent or the scope could be widened to take into account young players tearing up the lower leagues like Scott Allan*.

*Before anyone says anything one of the BBC Sportscene pundits said Allan was one of the best young players in Scotland. Forget her name though.

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is this award only open to players in the Premiership? Just wonder if there is an equivalent or the scope could be widened to take into account young players tearing up the lower leagues like Scott Allan*.

*Before anyone says anything one of the BBC Sportscene pundits said Allan was one of the best young players in Scotland. Forget her name though.

It’s a good question, I don’t know if it’s just Premiership players. I also don’t know if the writers are supposed to take into account performances outside the league competitions - I assume they are since Clarke got a nomination for manager. 

Wonder if there will be some consideration given to having a Best Young Scottish Player award that includes non-Scottish based players too. They might think about it as the game continues to globalise and English teams continue to sign the best young Scottish players.

44 minutes ago, G51 said:

It’s a good question, I don’t know if it’s just Premiership players. I also don’t know if the writers are supposed to take into account performances outside the league competitions - I assume they are since Clarke got a nomination for manager. 

Wonder if there will be some consideration given to having a Best Young Scottish Player award that includes non-Scottish based players too. They might think about it as the game continues to globalise and English teams continue to sign the best young Scottish players.

I'm pretty certain a lot of other countries do this.