The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Isn't this completely inaccurate? On the BBC's goalscorers v Faroe Islands quiz (got 15/15 btw). 20210331_085100.jpeg

Depends on definition here - I think he was top SPL goalscorer. Not sure if that is also top flight as well.

On 26/03/2021 at 15:38, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

He is a disgusting, horrible individual. Quite why the PC inspired Sky Sports department continue to hire him is beyond me when he admits to deliberately trying to injure an opponent (and succeeding).

Seconded !

8 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Is it because someone else won it?

Tbf that's literally what the article is, just a list of teams who've knocked them out.

Incredible someone gets real money to write these things.

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

w6akkzlcbqq61.jpg

Little wonder he's holding his head - must have achieved an O Grade at English, which is more than the tweeter obviously did.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56635658

Possibly wrong thread for this but following on from Rangers selfless offer of providing a colt team in League 2 to aid the development of young players for the national team, they have extended that charitable thinking by pointing out that a ban to Nathan Patterson would be damaging to the SFA and Scotland.

If only more Scottish clubs had this attitude we may have been world cup winners by now.

What a load of pish. It's only a few games anyway! If he had a minor injury that saw him out for 4 weeks it would be no different.

Also no shock to see Sevco, who have so many massive advantages over everyone else save their pals across Glasgow, wanting yet even more preferential treatment. Shitebags.

Edited by DA Baracus

I think the point that is clumsily being made by Gerrard is that in the context of what actually happened (5 lads from the club and their partners playing a game of Monopoly), a six game ban is disproportionate when compared to other rule breakers this season. Jones and Edmundson had a party with a pile of Glasgow influencers, trying to get their hole in the process, and only got one game more. Bolingoli actually left the country, got his end away, went back into training and shared a pitch with another club when he was most likely to be infectious and got a game less. You can argue the toss on which is more severe because there’s an element of subjectivity to interpreting these rules, but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to hold the opinion that one of those infractions is significantly less severe than the other two, yet the punishments don’t reflect that.

The bit about damaging career prospects etc. I don’t really get. Though I’ve said for a while now on here that Gerrard rates Patterson very highly, so it’s interesting to see that reflected in his comments

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think the point that is clumsily being made by Gerrard is that in the context of what actually happened (5 lads from the club and their partners playing a game of Monopoly), a six game ban is disproportionate when compared to other rule breakers this season. Jones and Edmundson had a party with a pile of Glasgow influencers, trying to get their hole in the process, and only got one game more. Bolingoli actually left the country, got his end away, went back into training and shared a pitch with another club when he was most likely to be infectious and got a game less. You can argue the toss on which is more severe because there’s an element of subjectivity to interpreting these rules, but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to hold the opinion that one of those infractions is significantly less severe than the other two, yet the punishments don’t reflect that.

The bit about damaging career prospects etc. I don’t really get. Though I’ve said for a while now on here that Gerrard rates Patterson very highly, so it’s interesting to see that reflected in his comments

I don't have much issue with him contesting the length of ban based on context.

The framing of it as damaging to Scotland is quite laughable, however.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Aye, that’s the argument I was trying to make during the week about the severity of the bans seeming disproportionate. Gerrard has really made a bad argument for it though.

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

Oldfirmfacts on Twitter: "Steve Clarke announces first Scotland squad… "

Angry celebrations and civil unrest on the cards.