The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Far be it for me to defend Tom English, but my initial thoughts were that he was surprised that the club were forking out for this kind of expense whilst hoovering up donations from the fans and generally being rooked. English has got previous this season for being critical of United, calling out the signing of McNulty etc.

It's almost as if they benefitted from something that annoyed him.

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

:lol: that'll have the currants frothing at the mouth.

The SLO has already tweeted that they've been in touch.

It's not terrible journalism, it's terrible reading comprehension from some of Glasgow's most misfortunate.

H*n-GER not h*n-ger. Obviously.

Had to edit that quickly because Div's stupid asterisking of the non-sectarian h*n made it look like I was throwing out the n word. :lol:

Edited by HibsFan

11 hours ago, HibsFan said:

The SLO has already tweeted that they've been in touch.

It's not terrible journalism, it's terrible reading comprehension from some of Glasgow's most misfortunate.

H*n-GER not h*n-ger. Obviously.

Had to edit that quickly because Div's stupid asterisking of the non-sectarian h*n made it look like I was throwing out the n word. :lol:

You're obviously right that they are placing the emphasis on GER as in Gerrard, and you are obviously right about the terrible reading comprehension of those reading it another way, but this is definitely still terrible journalism. 

It's not even really a pun. It's dreadful stuff. The kind of dreadful stuff they traffic in routinely, but terrible is absolutely apt here. 

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

You're obviously right that they are placing the emphasis on GER as in Gerrard, and you are obviously right about the terrible reading comprehension of those reading it another way, but this is definitely still terrible journalism. 

It's not even really a pun. It's dreadful stuff. The kind of dreadful stuff they traffic in routinely, but terrible is absolutely apt here. 

Ger as in Gers as in Rangers, no?

I read it phonetically as "Hunjer".

• 2 weeks later...