The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Supposedly it's hilarious and had Twitter users in stitches. Really? I struggled to see what they're talking about and they had to circle it for those like me that couldn't see it. Made up non-story pish.

And she's only 22?

People are literally losing their minds over it and they can't even.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Supposedly it's hilarious and had Twitter users in stitches. Really? I struggled to see what they're talking about and they had to circle it for those like me that couldn't see it. Made up non-story pish.

And she's only 22?

The Record with their finger on the pulse as "when you see it" pictures are as old as the internet itself.  As is young Connie judging by the coupon on it.  

Edited by TonyFerrino

Is it just me or are these articles just attention seeking clickbait with basically zero prospect of it happening?

Usually they're shouting from the rooftops that football in Scotland needs as much investment as possible which the SFA went for and sold the rights to the highest bidder. Now simply because there's a big game "let's look to breach those contracts", "Let's damage future revenue". If you've been paying to Sky for the football this is a sure fire way to piss you off. 

FYI I believe the reason why we end up with England games on STV is they're only allowed to bid and fund any potential Scotland games from their regional Scottish budget whereas ITV are allowed to purchase the England friendlies via a national budget. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is it just me or are these articles just attention seeking clickbait with basically zero prospect of it happening?

Usually they're shouting from the rooftops that football in Scotland needs as much investment as possible which the SFA went for and sold the rights to the highest bidder. Now simply because there's a big game "let's look to breach those contracts", "Let's damage future revenue". If you've been paying to Sky for the football this is a sure fire way to piss you off. 

FYI I believe the reason why we end up with England games on STV is they're only allowed to bid and fund any potential Scotland games from their regional Scottish budget whereas ITV are allowed to purchase the England friendlies via a national budget. 

It’s populism masquerading as journalism.  Union Jack at the Herald group is the most unabashed culprit (always aimed at Rangers fans), but there are myriad examples.    File under articles about “common sense refereeing” which also refer to “consistency”.

On 16/10/2020 at 08:14, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The kind of person top BBC reporter Kereidine follows...

I cringe at these kind of people. 

I used to see a few of these types a lot. Decent looking lassies who like fitba so every melt with a permanent hard on follows them and likes every thing they tweet.

"pizza crunches are mad int they?"

10K likes.

Muted a few of them.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Horrifically Cringey delivery and definitely pissing in the wind with no prospect of success, but I don't think it's that unreasonable to express a preference for Scotland games to be free to air. Their ire should be directed at the free to air broadcasters who don't even bother their arse trying to bid for them. 

I mean let's no pretend that Sky aren't a bunch of contemptible c***s who treat Scottish football with derision and contempt, but at least they bid for the fucking rights. 

The clip literally only shows Celtic goals, and counts them, in some weird suggestion Celtic have scored 22 unanswered goals at Pittodrie i think.

I think it is desperately sad what has happened to Tom English since March, after his campaign to save Hearts from relegation was defeated at every turn. He seems to possess a bitterness towards most Scottish football clubs.

The hospitality afforded to journalists at Tynecastle must be something else!