The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200921-080046_Chrome.jpg.6bcee0f7ca30d4d924699afd61ff8874.jpg

Fully what I expected, but the above advertised article wasn't an analysis of all the games on Sportscene, and is just a PR puff piece all about how Rangers deserved to beat Hibs and will still win the league.

:lol: What a load of shite. Has he been paid for that?

A short series of boring cliche's about the match, followed by a short series of boring cliche's about OF 'mentality' and pressure.

The 2nd part on mentality is now becoming basically a copy & paste every week, applied to both OF clubs and repeated ad nauseum by all and sundry on SPortsound.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200921-080046_Chrome.jpg.6bcee0f7ca30d4d924699afd61ff8874.jpg

Fully what I expected, but the above advertised article wasn't an analysis of all the games on Sportscene, and is just a PR puff piece all about how Rangers deserved to beat Hibs and will still win the league.

Must be crap realising your not as good as the media has told you, and finding yourself in semi retirement at only 28.

Having seen what he has said about RFC in the past, do we ever expect him to be objective?

The BBC report of Scott McKenna's transfer to Forest includes some input from Craig Levein (I know he's a bit of a hate figure but his inclusion here is fair enough) and Charlie Adam.

Levein makes some points about him as a player then name drops Steve Bruce. That's fine.

Charlie Adam makes a fair point about improving with better players but also can't believe the Old Firm haven't taken a chance on him. Just f**k off!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54266405

sometimes I wonder. 

With no income for potentially well over 15 months cutting the likes of wages and mothballing won't be enough. 

Mothballing for how long? If clubs just stop playing surely that results in demotion/being kicked out of leagues completely? Where does that lead for them long term?

By any chance during Rangers saga was Tom English a major "Armageddon" merchant. 

And who pays the players wages during mothballing? 

I often think Tom English gets an unfairly hard time but what the actual f**k. What a stupid arrogant dumb c**t thinking his absent minded musings are the genius idea all those trying to keep their clubs alive haven't thought of yet. Stupid w**k. 

10 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

And who pays the players wages during mothballing? 

I often think Tom English gets an unfairly hard time but what the actual f**k. What a stupid arrogant dumb c**t thinking his absent minded musings are the genius idea all those trying to keep their clubs alive haven't thought of yet. Stupid w**k. 

Mothballing would mean punting all the players, but that itself would cost loads of money.

sometimes I wonder. 
With no income for potentially well over 15 months cutting the likes of wages and mothballing won't be enough. 
Mothballing for how long? If clubs just stop playing surely that results in demotion/being kicked out of leagues completely? Where does that lead for them long term?
By any chance during Rangers saga was Tom English a major "Armageddon" merchant. 
"Rangers Bantz" makes a very salient point in the replies tbf.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Mothballing would mean punting all the players, but that itself would cost loads of money.

Yes I know. My point is then you've got lots of people robbed of their income which in many Scottish footballer cases is already very limited. Yet he's putting this forward like it's the obvious answer, and all the players should just accept getting destroyed to save clubs. The matter is mega complex and there is no simple answer, despite his pish

23 hours ago, accies1874 said:
23 hours ago, The Golden God said:

IMG_0841.thumb.jpg.fe42336e4a7f2edc1cac3f753981fd6f.jpg

Big fan of a combined 11 containing 12 players tbh.

It has the advantage of allowing an even split after a draw - for example, last weekend's game at Easter Road: 6 Hibs, 6 Rangers. Is that one online anywhere?

The Ryan Kent for England campaign has begun after Gary McAllister commented that he should be under consideration.

Daily stories urging Gareth "Gareth" Southgate to call up the Rangers* wonderkid to follow. 

10 Reasons Why Ryan Kent Should be Called up to the England Squad

35 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The Ryan Kent for England campaign has begun after Gary McAllister commented that he should be under consideration.

Daily stories urging Gareth "Gareth" Southgate to call up the Rangers* wonderkid to follow. 

10 Reasons Why Ryan Kent Should be Called up to the England Squad

Get it on the Scotland forum random name generator. "Surely Clarke has looked at him."