The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I am affronted by the suggestion I tried to duck any sort of responsibility, thank you

It's also nothing like that, actually

It Is a bit like it , but you're right. 

The BBC thing is a much less grave offence.

21 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Got to say I would rather my taxes were better spent at a taxpayer funded news organisation than repeating gossip from other news sources I wouldn't spend 2 minutes or 2 pence reading or buying e.g. the Sun or Record. Their journalists time would be better spent looking for real stories that are of interest not copying garbage from garbage sources. 

If you are happy with that quality, then good luck to you.

Nearly all the stories in the newspapers, including the broadsheets, in recent weeks have been lifted straight from the Sportsound podcasts.

To be fair, probably the two best journalists in Scottish football (At least for transfer scoops) are Scott Burns & Robert Thomson and they work for possibly the two worst newspapers in circulation in the Express & Scottish Sun respectively.

Don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or he just doesn't have a very good memory bit John Hartson going on about Scott Bain being replaced and he hadn't done anything last week after keeping a clean sheet last week against Hamilton... I take it Hamiltons goal doesn't count. He was at the game last week too...

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Don't know if it was a slip of the tongue or he just doesn't have a very good memory bit John Hartson going on about Scott Bain being replaced and he hadn't done anything last week after keeping a clean sheet last week against Hamilton... I take it Hamiltons goal doesn't count. He was at the game last week too...

John Hartson is, even by comparison to the many awful ex-OF players we see as pundits, a moron.

13 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He does make the likes of Boyd & McFadden in comparison seem quite smart guys! 

"Celtic should hold out for top Dolla' for Edouard" 😖

He's one of many who would be nowhere near a punditry gig if they hadn't played for Rangers or Celtic.

English League One side Hull City are training in Edinburgh - despite Hearts being ordered to stop.

This story being run on BBC Scotland website. The reporter appears incredulous that Hearts are not allowed to train in Edinburgh whereas Hull City are. It’s because Hearts are under the jurisdiction of the SPFL and Hull City aren’t. Another point is around both clubs arranging to train at the same facility. How does that actually work?

English League One side Hull City are training in Edinburgh - despite Hearts being ordered to stop.
This story being run on BBC Scotland website. The reporter appears incredulous that Hearts are not allowed to train in Edinburgh whereas Hull City are. It’s because Hearts are under the jurisdiction of the SPFL and Hull City aren’t. Another point is around both clubs arranging to train at the same facility. How does that actually work?
I would guess that the facility js big enough to accommodate two full squads and coaches, and gives them room to stay whatever the required distance is away from each other.

11 minutes ago, resk said:
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would guess that the facility js big enough to accommodate two full squads and coaches, and gives them room to stay whatever the required distance is away from each other.

But why would you risk it? All the way up from Hull to train beside another team that you’re not allowed to have any contact whatsoever with.

But why would you risk it? All the way up from Hull to train beside another team that you’re not allowed to have any contact whatsoever with.
English fitba isn't pishing its knickers over the Rona to the same extent that Scottish fitba is? Nah, I dunno why Hull are in Edinburgh. I was just speculatively answering your question about how they might manage two teams at one training facility.