The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298175
This cringeworthy article is presumably aimed at English football fans for something to watch during the PL shutdown.
The problem is it doesn't appear anywhere on the main bbc sport football page and I can only see it in the Scottish football section, so it will only be read by miserable scots like me shaking my head at the tragic nature of it.
Bloody hell, even Old Firm Facts would be embarrassed publishing an article like that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/53592504

But he described the Scottish FA's plans to use the Nations League play-off semi-final with Israel on 4 September as a test event as "very sensible".

Chris Mclaughlin there, once again failing to understand that the September clash with Israel is a Nations League Group game, with the play off semi final not until October. 

Basic stuff and not the first time he has gotten this wrong. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/53592504
But he described the Scottish FA's plans to use the Nations League play-off semi-final with Israel on 4 September as a test event as "very sensible".
Chris Mclaughlin there, once again failing to understand that the September clash with Israel is a Nations League Group game, with the play off semi final not until October. 
Basic stuff and not the first time he has gotten this wrong. 

UEFA have also already seemingly informally confirmed that September's games will be behind closed doors, given the Czech FA's announcement about our game there.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

UEFA have also already seemingly informally confirmed that September's games will be behind closed doors, given the Czech FA's announcement about our game there.

To be fair, as things stand at least, that appears to have been a pre-preemptive move by the Czechs. UEFA may well dictate this for all down the line, but to the best of my knowledge they have not done this yet. 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298175

This cringeworthy article is presumably aimed at English football fans for something to watch during the PL shutdown.

The problem is it doesn't appear anywhere on the main bbc sport football page and I can only see it in the Scottish football section, so it will only be read by miserable scots like me shaking my head at the tragic nature of it.

It's alright for folk outside Scotland, I've seen similar guides to leagues in South Korea, USA etc. A throwaway article for casual observers.

But in the land of the cringe it goes on our own sports page and is only tweeted by the BBC Sports Scotland account. 

BTW, according to that I should follow Killie, but it didn't ask my views on Black Lives Matter or sectarian terrorists so maybe I could still be more suited to one or two other clubs after all.

24 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

To be fair, as things stand at least, that appears to have been a pre-preemptive move by the Czechs. UEFA may well dictate this for all down the line, but to the best of my knowledge they have not done this yet. 

Both the Slovakian and Czech FAs seem to think it won't be possible to have fans in that international window.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Both the Slovakian and Czech FAs seem to think it won't be possible to have fans in that international window.

Yeah and they may well be right about that. As it stands, though, there hasn't been any UEFA decree, as far as i'm aware. 

Tom English has done 4 opinion pieces on BBC Scotland website since Thursday I think it was.

A pre-season piece for Celtic & Rangers each, and a post match analysis each again on Saturday and this morning.

Start as you mean to go on, lads.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tom English has done 4 opinion pieces on BBC Scotland website since Thursday I think it was.

A pre-season piece for Celtic & Rangers each, and a post match analysis each again on Saturday and this morning.

Easy money.

According to the radio he was in the middle of writing the Celtic analysis during the game. Get it posted on the site then piss off home to hit the Merlot, feet up and knock one out thinking of Ann Budge.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If anything it's an improvement, at least he's writing about two teams instead of one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53632151

Tom English and his appraisal of Eduoards performance against Hamilton. He states that all 3 of his "goals were outstanding."

Were 2 not tap ins and 1 a first time shot when one on one with the keeper.  The sort of goals you'd expect most strikers in Scotland to score?

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53632151

Tom English and his appraisal of Eduoards performance against Hamilton. He states that all 3 of his "goals were outstanding."

Were 2 not tap ins and 1 a first time shot when one on one with the keeper.  The sort of goals you'd expect most strikers in Scotland to score?

He'll be trying to re-position himself into the centre of the OF again rather than being on the Celtic hate list due to his love in with the dossier etc.

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

Easy money.

According to the radio he was in the middle of writing the Celtic analysis during the game. Get it posted on the site then piss off home to hit the Merlot, feet up and knock one out thinking of Ann Budge.

During?

Just read his lamenting over Eduard in his Celtic piece , the type of article he'd have most of it written before the game even started, and just filling in a few blanks left for whatever happened in the game.

On 03/08/2020 at 16:24, LIVIFOREVER said:

During?

Just read his lamenting over Eduard in his Celtic piece , the type of article he'd have most of it written before the game even started, and just filling in a few blanks left for whatever happened in the game.

Correct.  Template Tom.