The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Ehm.......who and who?

23 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Havertz is a young hot shot midfield/forward in the German national team and with Leverkusen. Heading to Chelsea apparently for a bizillion pounds. Had to Google it to be honest.

Guys, no offence but you two not knowing who Havertz is says more about your football knowledge, and nothing about bad journalism. He's been touted for years as "one to watch".

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Guys, no offence but you two not knowing who Havertz says more about your football knowledge, and nothing about bad journalism. He's been touted for years as "one to watch".

I take that as a slap on the wrist. 

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Guys, no offence but you two not knowing who Havertz says more about your football knowledge, and nothing about bad journalism. He's been touted for years as "one to watch".

Whatever. I didn't mention bad journalism just gave a guy some info about a player. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Screenshot_20200726-093830_Chrome.thumb.jpg.36547b4643756cfa939ed5a49a0fbe48.jpg

Callum Hendry and his 93 minutes per goal clearly doesn't fit the narrative the OF have the best strikers in the league.

Usually things like this have a cut off of "1000 minutes played", which would rule Hendry out, but then it would also rule Griffiths out. 

There's no reason to include Griffiths and ignore Hendry. As Griffiths doesn't hit a landmark that Hendry doesnt aswell.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200726-093830_Chrome.thumb.jpg.36547b4643756cfa939ed5a49a0fbe48.jpg

Callum Hendry and his 93 minutes per goal clearly doesn't fit the narrative the OF have the best strikers in the league.

Usually things like this have a cut off of "1000 minutes played", which would rule Hendry out, but then it would also rule Griffiths out. 

There's no reason to include Griffiths and ignore Hendry. As Griffiths doesn't hit a landmark that Hendry doesnt aswell.

There's no point in counting players that have been released?

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

There's no point in counting players that have been released?

I see someone from the BBC  has, finally, acknowledged thats a mistake on Twitter. 

They've still not sorted it yet though.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see this has been justified by the journalist.

He's excluded Hendry, as he only wanted to "include the top scorers in the league".

Leigh Griffiths was the joint 9th top scorer and didn't even reach double figures.

16 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm beginning to think Neil McCann is a fucking idiot.

He was on Radio Scotland yesterday saying how he didn't treat the Betfred Cup group matches as pre season games as he saw it as an opportunity to win a trophy for Dundee. 

This is the guy who blamed Jim McIntyre for getting them relegated when he took over the job from McCann with, I'm pretty sure if memory serves me correctly with one win all season and a squad full of journeyman robbers.

Guy's a fucking half wit, probably thinks about himself when he's having a w**k.

Edited by Flybhoy

28 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

He was on Radio Scotland yesterday saying how he didn't treat the Betfred Cup group matches as pre season games as he saw it as an opportunity to win a trophy for Dundee. 

This is the guy who blamed Jim McIntyre for getting them relegated when he took over the job from McCann with, I'm pretty sure if memory serves me correctly with one win all season and a squad full of journeyman robbers.

Guy's a fucking half wit, probably thinks about himself when he's having a w**k.

He's a walking Napoleon complex who uses every media appearance to point out that the only reason he failed at Dundee was because everyone else failed to live up to his expectations. Best ignored. 

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

From the same article:

image.png.862bbf7f97ecab84bc018b975dfaece8.png

This graphic is to illustrate the chances of a non-OF side finishing in the top 2 with the gap to third having 'steadily risen over the past three seasons'.

No mention that in the five seasons illustrated Rangers have only made the top 2 twice.

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

From the same article:

This graphic is to illustrate the chances of a non-OF side finishing in the top 2 with the gap to third having 'steadily risen over the past three seasons'.

No mention that in the five seasons illustrated Rangers have only made the top 2 twice.

Doesn't count if Rangers* weren't in the Premiership. Or so I'm led to believe whenever I mention anything that contradicts the OF* narrative. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

From the same article:

Misleading graph, not fair imo. Doesn't take into account the fact that Sevco were definitely going to win all their remaining games* last season and close the gap on Celtic before the shutdown happened.

*Just like Hearts were going to at the other end of the league.