The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I see Paul Lambert is claiming Rangers is under 'horrendous' pressure to stop Celtic's 10iar (or is 10*iar, or 9½iar - I honestly couldn't care).

Classic lazy journalism.

"Team X is shit and team Y will win, <insert ex-player of team Y>"

20 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I was going to make a Paul Daniels joke but I'm clearly far too slow. Instead here's a picture of multi millionaire Eddie Thompson and the glamorous Debbie McGee.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPUMb6FbhlGUDFcv4X8qO

George Galloway stole his hat.

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

I see Paul Lambert is claiming Rangers is under 'horrendous' pressure to stop Celtic's 10iar (or is 10*iar, or 9½iar - I honestly couldn't care).

Classic lazy journalism.

"Team X is shit and team Y will win, <insert ex-player of team Y>"

I just saw that piece.

Absolutely meaningless shit.  A not very bright bloke says something unremarkable.  Somehow, it becomes the top story for the day.

The BBC website is every bit as tabloid in nature as anything offered by the Sun or the Record.  It's embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Or "must've", if you're into the brevity thing.

What, that 'brevity thing' where life is too short for pulling up someone's grammar, unless they have made a mistake when correcting someone else's grammar? 

Only in Scotland could what Club C do, affect the history of Club R. So Paul Lambert saying that if Celtic win 10 league titles in a row (*) it will affect the history of Rangers, to most reasonable thinking folk this is ludicrous. It will affect the history of Celtic and that's it.

59 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I just saw that piece.

Absolutely meaningless shit.  A not very bright bloke says something unremarkable.  Somehow, it becomes the top story for the day.

The BBC website is every bit as tabloid in nature as anything offered by the Sun or the Record.  It's embarrassing.

To be fair, the BBC are by no means sole offenders in relation to this. It's standard red top stuff.

Complete time wasting bullshit.

Just now, Ric said:

To be fair, the BBC are by no means sole offenders in relation to this. It's standard red top stuff.

Complete time wasting bullshit.

The point is though that the BBC should not be behaving anything like a Red Top.