The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

32 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I thought he had committed to us. Genuine question - is he international class ?

He initially said he'd prefer to play to Australia, then a few months ago said he'd thought more about it and would love to play for Scotland (without saying he's committed, more of a wait and see).

I'd say he's exactly the type of player Scotland needs, whether or not he's actually good enough atm is hard to tell, but I don't see any reason he wouldn't be in the future.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

He initially said he'd prefer to play to Australia, then a few months ago said he'd thought more about it and would love to play for Scotland (without saying he's committed, more of a wait and see).

I'd say he's exactly the type of player Scotland needs, whether or not he's actually good enough atm is hard to tell, but I don't see any reason he wouldn't be in the future.

Get him in the squad ! Wait , how is that chap Everton loaned out doing ?

Edited by ewan14

7 hours ago, ewan14 said:

I thought he had committed to us. Genuine question - is he international class ?

Is international a class? 

Rory Fallon, ian black, jason scotland etc. 

We've recently capped mcnulty and devlin. Why not dykes? 

38 minutes ago, bennett said:

Chris Sutton providing a laugh or two on a miserable fitbaless weekend. 

E0700-FED-BEA7-4-C7-B-935-F-945-BE3-E6-F

BD70-BAD2-CF30-464-C-B81-F-4-AC6-B68-CE2

What an absolute slaverer. In addition to football being cancelled, we now need to listen to absolute gobshites prattle on about what they think should happen for the next few months. f**k COVID19.

On 06/03/2020 at 20:17, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine answer:  not even close.

Any player in the Premiership is pretty much international class so this is bollocks.  There are over 200 nations in International football.  He'd get a game, if eligible for about 70% of them.  

15 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Any player in the Premiership is pretty much international class so this is bollocks.  There are over 200 nations in International football.  He'd get a game, if eligible for about 70% of them.  

Ok then.  70% sounds kinda high, but if your issue is with the term 'International class' then you've probably got a point of sorts.

I'll maintain however that he's nowhere near good enough to play for either of the sides he'd qualify for.  That opinion is expressed in full view of the fact that less class is required to be a Scotland forward right now, than at almost any point in history.

If you thought that the bullshit was insufferable before, think about what it's going to be like now with a job to do, and no football actually being played to give something to report on. There's going to be some extremely mental stuff coming from journalists. Quite looking forward to the race to the bottom tbh.