The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Apparently this article by Chris Jack appeared in an early edition of the Evening Times:

D_RT8FDUwAEXKM8.jpg:large

If you're going to completely fabricate a quote, then at least attribute it to the manager of one of the teams that Steven Gerrard's Rangers might actually play against in the next round.

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Apparently this article by Chris Jack appeared in an early edition of the Evening Times:

D_RT8FDUwAEXKM8.jpg:large

If you're going to completely fabricate a quote, then at least attribute it to the manager of one of the teams that Steven Gerrard's Rangers might actually play against in the next round.

It's just a temple for all newspapers, he just typed Rangers rather than Celtic. It's pathetic.

He deserves abuse regardless tbf.

Imagine readers holding journalists accountable for their failings.

Jack should be taking that up with his subeditor, rather than the readers who expect journalists to stand up for articles published under their name.

You also have to question how many other articles Union Jack has taken credit for (he’d have been quite happy had the quotes been attributed correctly, right?) that he didn’t write.

Terrible journalist. Up there with Keith Scoop Jackson.

Have to disagree here, Henry.......when it comes to Succulent Lambism or enthusiastically bending over for a metaphorical anal fisting / prolapse, no-one can touch Keef Jacks***.

Still can’t understand why anyone would pay money for that bogroll rag he works for.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Imagine readers holding journalists accountable for their failings.

Jack should be taking that up with his subeditor, rather than the readers who expect journalists to stand up for articles published under their name.

You also have to question how many other articles Union Jack has taken credit for (he’d have been quite happy had the quotes been attributed correctly, right?) that he didn’t write.

To be fair to Jackson, he's like Hugh McIlvanney compared to Chris 'It's all about the Rangers' Jack.

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Have to disagree here, Henry.......when it comes to Succulent Lambism or enthusiastically bending over for a metaphorical anal fisting / prolapse, no-one can touch Keef Jacks***.

Still can’t understand why anyone would pay money for that bogroll rag he works for.

image.jpeg.8e5f518c80b10ca9129d8ff6684701c7.jpeg

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

He is denying any responsibility for it.

Chris Jack didn't write that tweet, though. A freelancer filed it and it was wrongly picked up by the desk. It shouldn't have been tweeted, but it wasn't his fault.

What has happened to the BBC Scotland Football website. I’ve been at a game tonight and I now can’t find any story/ies relating to any of tonight’s matches. And no update on how the Women’s Under 19 team got on. Shambles.

Screenshot_20190717-072303_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c0316556ba4a296d3044fc33e52301c6.jpg

Before anyone starts I'm not excusing the result, but youd think the BBC would be aware we only had 12 fit players, and were missing 6 players youd consider first choice.

19 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

He is denying any responsibility for it.

If he'd left out the last two sentences out and said 'sorry lads, I'm still complicit. My bad' then fair enough, but he came across as 'it's no my fault, it's just the way it is' with a side order of petty digs at anyone calling him out. Fanny behaviour IMO.

According to this Josh Heaton is our record signing. Not even close.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17774555.st-mirren-let-75k-record-signing-josh-heaton-leave-free/

In fairness, the article itself does say that it’s merely the highest fee paid in twenty five years. So it’s the fault of whoever wrote the headline. It’s more the £75,000 up in smoke that’s the story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49008716

The BBC review of last nights League Cup action.

Firstly - 

Hearts eased aside hosts Cowdenbeath to stay top Group A ahead of Dundee United, who also won away to another League Two side, Stenhousemuir.

Cowdenbeath were top of the group before the games last night. 

The game of the evening I presume was chosen before kick off as they chose Livi beating Ayr 2-1. Thrilling.

Brechin manager Barry Smith had to come out of retirement to fill his side's bench on Saturday but wasn't needed this time after international clearance was received just in time for two new defenders - Christopher McLaughlin, formerly of Stirling Lions in Australia, and Luke Watt, previously of Novigrad in Croatia.

Smith started the match on Saturday so wasn't needed to fill the bench.  They only had 2 or 3 subs on Saturday anyway.

Thie evening I tuned into RockSport for the first time ever as I saw they had Martin Canning coming on. Within half a minute - before Canning came on - one of the presenters said "what's this zonal marking all about" and his co-presenter replied with "isn't that a defensive thing"?
I don't think I'm their target audience.