The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

"I live in England and there was always an interest in Scottish football from football fans in England. That's no longer the case.”

Goes without saying really, but who the f**k cares what England thinks about Scottish football you utter helmet.

Edited by Staggie_93

2 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

"I live in England and there was always an interest in Scottish football from football fans in England. That's no longer the case.”

From my experience, and experiences of those I know that have lived there for a long time, that's just utter cr@p!

Just like the tired old cliché's aboot the of game being a "world-wide phenomenon. It's never once been mentioned to me over here and just about everyone I know knows about my love of Scottish "football" (to the extent they talk about it as football with me not soccer)

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41754794

Laughable, just laughable. He didn't seem bothered about a strong Celtic when We Are The People were romping to 9 in a row.

He's in denial.  'I could outbid English teams in the transfer market'.  Yah don't say.  Any idea where that funding came from, Graeme?

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

He's in denial.  'I could outbid English teams in the transfer market'.  Yah don't say.  Any idea where that funding came from, Graeme?

They brought it on themselves and because it all went tits up in the most embarrassing and public way possible now they're blaming us.

He's an utter irrelevance. Actual facts prove his comments are utter pish. He seems to be implying that Scottish football has suffered some sort of consequence(s) because Rangers cheated and died. What exactly are these consequences? What clubs have ceased to exist?

He just wants everyone to bend over and let Sevco win. He's crying because they can't cheat their way to success any longer, so, through his tears, is making things up, lying and blubbering that Sevco aren't getting their way.

c**t.

Seems like he's completely missed the fact Sky now pump about £600m into English football than Scottish, and have done since before Rangers died. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he didn't actually know that though, tbf.

It SHOULD go without saying but too many people care what folk outside of Scottish football think of it. Look at the outcry when the SPFL correctly don't hand extra tickets over when a team doesn't sell their allocation. Folk go on about it being embarrassing when the reality is nobody gives a f**k.

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It SHOULD go without saying but too many people care what folk outside of Scottish football think of it. Look at the outcry when the SPFL correctly don't hand extra tickets over when a team doesn't sell their allocation. Folk go on about it being embarrassing when the reality is nobody gives a f**k.

The phrase 'laughing stock' always comes up.