The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

13 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

The former I think. To clarify there were 2,034. 

That's even more fans that can cram into The Shyberry or whatever the f**k it's called at the moment.

14 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

The former I think. To clarify there were 2,034. 

Ridiculous. Why does no one point out these complete and utter fabrications when folk like Smith are being interviewed? Wasn't that long ago we had Hartson saying there were 18,000 people at Motherwell v Celtic. Spot the flaw with that one.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ridiculous. Why does no one point out these complete and utter fabrications when folk like Smith are being interviewed? Wasn't that long ago we had Hartson saying there were 18,000 people at Motherwell v Celtic. Spot the flaw with that one.

It appears to be rife in journalism up here in general, I pretty often sit and question why the f**k certain obviously wrong statements are allowed to go unchallenged.

Radio Scotland's Sports News at 10am  giving publicity to the England v Spain friendly tonight. 

Why???? 

East Fife are playing Alloa tonight. If our Broadcaster is going to advertise matches tonight, let's start with our own. 

May encourage a few more to attend Bayview Stadium. 

Edited by shull

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Radio Scotland's Sports News at 10am  giving publicity to the England v France friendly tonight. 

Why???? 

East Fife are playing Alloa tonight. If our Broadcaster is going to advertise matches tonight, let's start with our own. 

Unfortunately nobody gives a f**k about East Fife v Alloa and the country of their paymasters give us roughly 10% of our population.

We only got to see Scotland on ITV because they were playing England.

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Radio Scotland's Sports News at 10am  giving publicity to the England v France friendly tonight. 

Why???? 

England arenae even playing France!!

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't know the accuracy of it but I'm pretty sure Dion Dublin recently said on football focus that when he was at Celtic they played Dunfermline at east end park and the stadium was 75% Celtic fans.

Raised a lol to myself

There's only one time I can remember that happening, and that was when Craig Falconbridge scored that header to deny Celtic the title for a week. This was in 1998/99, long before Dublin was in Scotland, the big tit. During his time at Celtic the Celtic fans would have got, at most, 50% of the ground.

Just now, shootingboots said:

Ah I see. In which case maybe cause Dembele scored twice. Bit of mock rage it seems. 

I knew the game was on last night(2-2 the last I heard) but I do agree with the gist of his post, there are plenty of times over a season where there's no mention of diddy results in their news and sports section while we appear doomed to watch every single England game serious or not, maybe just my indy mind but it feels like we're just getting slowly conditioned by these fuckers at times.

The thing about articles like smiths and boyds is it promotes what the media and sadly the football authorities actually believe that Scottish football consists of only 2 clubs.

the fact that a former dons boss thinks that Celtic get just over a third of the total capacity of the ground would be hilarious if it weren't tragic.

also a lot of the huge travelling support the old firm get at grounds like Inverness and Kilmarnock don't actually travel they are just misguided locals.notice I don't call them glory hunters as there is nothing glorious about the 2 arse cheeks.

Just now, Dubford don said:

The thing about articles like smiths and boyds is it promotes what the media and sadly the football authorities actually believe that Scottish football consists of only 2 clubs.

the fact that a former dons boss thinks that Celtic get just over a third of the total capacity of the ground would be hilarious if it weren't tragic.

also a lot of the huge travelling support the old firm get at grounds like Inverness and Kilmarnock don't actually travel they are just misguided locals.notice I don't call them glory hunters as there is nothing glorious about the 2 arse cheeks.

Do all these teams actually receive huge travelling supports for normal league games?

48 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Unfortunately nobody gives a f**k about East Fife v Alloa and the country of their paymasters give us roughly 10% of our population.

Fans of East Fife, Alloa and football followers who aren't totally small minded would give a f**k. The exact kind of people the BBC is supposed to cater for.

18 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Fans of East Fife, Alloa and football followers who aren't totally small minded would give a f**k. The exact kind of people the BBC is supposed to cater for.

I should have said nobody that matters because obviously I'm a nobody who gives a f**k about my local diddy.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've read Smith's quote about the 8,000 Celtic fans about 15 times and I still can't work out what he means.

What he's basically saying is that 52,000 Celtic fans are in the house twiddling their thumbs every 2nd game.