The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Usually the question is "are you excited about playing at Celtic Park/Ibrox".

Answered with a "Yes".

Headline then reads, depending on whether it was Celtic Park or Ibrox, "NEW KILLIE SIGNING DECLARES IBROX BEST STADIUM HES EVER PLAYED IN"

Back in the day when Rangers and Celtic signed big name players, I loved it when they asked that and the player, despite having played for Boca Juniors/Galatasary etc said he'd heard it was a hostile atmosphere.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

One of the (many) reasons these cretins should not be referred to as 'journalists'  as they're nothing of the sort.

They're salesmen. Nothing more.

Churnalists is probably a more accurate term these days.

30 years ago I remember Meadowbank fanzine AWOL had a cartoon with a copy of the Record in it- depicted on the front page was the headline "MCCOIST FINDS 20p" and on the back page "FOUND 10p AT CHRISTMAS BUT IT WAS IRISH"

Nothing ever changes 

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53062777

I'm genuinely a bit sorry to see what Tom English has become.  

He genuinely is seething over this, isn't he.

Anyway, I hope all you misogynists are properly chastened. Get ra Hertz back in the top flight NOW!

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Had to re-name the thread. Terrible journalism doesn't cover English' horrendous propaganda and nonsense recently.

Pissed off I can only throw one greenie for this 😂

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Had to re-name the thread. Terrible journalism doesn't cover English' horrendous propaganda and nonsense recently.

I came here to complain that the new name was redundant, but this post clears it up for me.

37 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I was bored enough to read his latest pile of shite just now. So am in full approval of the change of name of this thread. He really is a cock.

I have to admit that I’ve always quite liked Tom English up until now, but this is the biggest pile of dry your eyes fucking shite I have read in a long time.

If anyone thinks that Hearts and Anne (there are already too many teams in the league) Budge, would not have been quite happy shitting on those unfortunate enough to be at the bottom just now, had they beat St Mirren in the last game of the season rather than the other way round, then they need their head examined. Were this the case, they would be demonstrating just as much self interest as everyone else is just now..

The only reason Hearts give even the slightest flying f**k about reconstruction, and saving Thistle and Stranraer, is that it benefits themselves, and surely to f**k Tom English knows this, and all the howling from the rooftops about injustice just makes him look like a bit of a fanny.

Edited by MacArab

27 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I have to admit that I’ve always quite liked Tom English up until now, but this is the biggest pile of dry your eyes fucking shite I have read in a long time.

If anyone thinks that Hearts and Anne (there are already too many teams in the league) Budge, would not have been quite happy shitting on those unfortunate enough to be at the bottom just now, had they beat St Mirren in the last game of the season rather than the other way round, then they need their head examined. Were this the case, they would be demonstrating just as much self interest as everyone else is just now..

The only reason Hearts give even the slightest flying f**k about reconstruction, and saving Thistle and Stranraer, is that it benefits themselves, and surely to f**k Tom English knows this, and all the howling from the rooftops about injustice just makes him look like a bit of a fanny.

It is truly astonishing that any of these individuals would parrot claims of self-interest just as they find themselves with no chair as the music stopped.

It is not right and it is unfair, but for the love of god cut out the self-indulgent, holier than thou drivel. 

Did Partick Thistle encourage their lottery winning chum to spread his wealth across the league for the good of Scottish football? 

Did Hearts share their good fortune in the shape of Mr Anderson in recent years?

Of course not. Hypocrites beyond belief.

Just as well our journalists pander to them instead of taking them to task. Where is Jeremy Paxman when you need him?

I hope the lawyers fill their boots and then send them packing.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It is truly astonishing that any of these individuals would parrot claims of self-interest just as they find themselves with no chair as the music stopped.

It is not right and it is unfair, but for the love of god cut out the self-indulgent, holier than thou drivel. 

Did Partick Thistle encourage their lottery winning chum to spread his wealth across the league for the good of Scottish football? 

Did Hearts share their good fortune in the shape of Mr Anderson in recent years?

Of course not. Hypocrites beyond belief.

Just as well our journalists pander to them instead of taking them to task. Where is Jeremy Paxman when you need him?

I hope the lawyers fill their boots and then send them packing.

Remember when Hearts ground wasn't even close to be finished and the league bent over backwards to accommodate them with the league fixtures, then the deadline they themselves set was missed by a mile because of a dodgy contractor and other teams helped them out by switching around ties to help them out. 

Funny how all the help they were given is forgotten and everyone is out to get them. 

Used to have a lot of time for Tom English, but the last wee while he has been truly horrendous. He has been one sided, obnoxious, sensationalist and his ability to deal in facts has been poor also.  It really is quite something to see  the turn around in him. He is so far along this path it is impossible for him to turn around.

Read his piece today, very, very, poor indeed.

48 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Imagine studying journalism for 4 years at uni just to end up writing this shit Screenshot_20200616-191206_Twitter.jpeg

I severely doubt anyone writing for that paper has a degree. In anything.