The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbf is this not an issue with the papers, as it's essentially just a round up of headlines from various newspapers.

Plus it's very rarely gossip. They should just call it a newspaper round up.

This annoys me a lot more than it should. During the transfer window they had "Patryk Klimala has signed for Celtic" in their gossip section, about 2 days after it was announced. 

Good grief.....just how unlucky can one football entity be ? Just a week or so after their star striker, the £50 million Alfredo Morelos, caught an out-of-work ex-IRA bomber tampering with the Brembos on his Lambo, it now transpires that soon-to-be Sevco exChairman Dave King was held up at gunpoint in Johannesburg, Seth Efrika . A terrified Glibster asked the would-be assassin if he was Irish / Italian.
“Why do you ask ?” he said ..........”Because you would be a provo-lone gunman” said King.
Read all about it in Keith Jackson’s 18 page pullout in tomorrow’s Daily Jabba.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

None of it Keith's fault then. I feel like going for a shower after reading that.

Surely Keith as a journalist had a duty to investigate Whyte to see what his background was  and the state of his finances instead of writing  his "wealth of the radar" pish.

A serious journalist would do his research and write the truth instead of being a Rangers cheerleader and writing nonsense to get their brain dead fans excited

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Some neck on Jackson, given he, and his fellow Rangers fans, had at least 4 digits inserted in themselves when it broke Whyte was buying the club. 

You think that Jacksons pro Whyte articles were because he was a Rangers fan?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

You think that Jacksons pro Whyte articles were because he was a Rangers fan?

Why else would it be? He, like his fellow Rangers fans, thought they were going to be able to drop 30 million on players and get to the latter stages of the CL under his stewardship. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why else would it be? He, like his fellow Rangers fans, thought they were going to be able to drop 30 million on players and get to the latter stages of the CL under his stewardship. 

I'd go down the opposite route from that but I can't be arsed.