The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

End of the day if I am wrong then fair enough. I think things have changed though. I think the papers are brimming with sycophants and I dont believe either Gerrard or Lennon would ever get what Rice got whilst in post at either cheek. That's just my opinion, if no doubt there will be some scummy behaviour from someone soon enough to test the theories. 

It’s probably more that papers/journalists are more scared of burning bridges with a rangers/Celtic/Gerrard than they are with accies.

The sad thing about that headline is that it adds absolutely nothing to the story. It’s very much a crass point and laugh story on a similar level to ‘alcoholic likes a drink’ or ‘neil Lennon is Raging’.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Absolutely, a great guy. The source is either someone at Accies he's told or a leak from a private hearing.

Or a bookie. The Chairman mentioned that he used to go into bookies wearing his Accies gear, so counter staff would no doubt have been well aware of who he was and what he was up to. 

Obviously, when writing an article of St Mirren signing a Turkish striker, you lead with a photo of a Celtic player. 

Why wouldn't you?

Screenshot_20200201-115536_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ccd31f9aeefdb291249dabadc06946a7.jpg

6 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Today's Gossip Column

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51441399

Rangers Story
Celtic Story
Rangers Story
Celtic Story
Aberdeen Story
Rangers Story

Fucking ridiculous. 

Tbf is this not an issue with the papers, as it's essentially just a round up of headlines from various newspapers.

Plus it's very rarely gossip. They should just call it a newspaper round up.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

"The Daily Record has been named newspaper of the year four times in the past five years at the Scottish Press Awards.

It is written and produced by some of the best journalists in the country.

No one is in any position to question the quality and 
integrity of our journalism."

ron swanson frown GIF

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

"The Daily Record has been named newspaper of the year four times in the past five years at the Scottish Press Awards.

It is written and produced by some of the best journalists in the country.

No one is in any position to question the quality and 
integrity of our journalism."

ron swanson frown GIF

I genuinely cant believe he had the brass neck to do a denial article about this given the front and back page headlines they had about ‘billionaire’ Whyte at the time. Im actually dumbfounded, the guy is an absolute parody.

I genuinely cant believe he had the brass neck to do a denial article about this given the front and back page headlines they had about ‘billionaire’ Whyte at the time. Im actually dumbfounded, the guy is an absolute parody.

Keith Jackson, of all people, defending the veracity of Daily Record stories, is quite laughable. Could list half a dozen of his stories that, over the years, have been shown up to be absolute garbage.

44 minutes ago, gannonball said:

No one can question his integrity OR quality but...when I wrote that wealth off the radar stuff about Whyte it was just a puff piece, I had no idea who he was etc etc.

Right so, Mr quality & integrity, you printed an article that you had no idea was true or not because someone asked you to. RIght enough.