Ludo*1

The Terrible Journalism Thread

6 hours ago, parxyz said:

If journalism in Scotland is seeking out instances where The Bigot Bros have spouted shite on twitter I'd have a new job within seconds.

I mean when clown shoes like Chris Jack and Jonny McFarlane are getting ahead it sort of is like that.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How did the goal mean that the keeper's timewasting "came back to haunt" him?

Because the point of timewasting is to shorten the match by hoping that the referee doesn't add all of the time on. Assuming that he thought it was successful, then the same time that he had been wasting was no longer available to his team to score an equaliser. Pretty basic stuff.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Because the point of timewasting is to shorten the match by hoping that the referee doesn't add all of the time on. Assuming that he thought it was successful, then the same time that he had been wasting was no longer available to his team to score an equaliser. Pretty basic stuff.

"Basic" as in utterly senseless, yes?

The goal arrived in the 113th minute, meaning the last break in the action came a mere 8 minutes before.

You're therefore suggesting that the goalkeeper had wasted sufficient time in those 8 minutes, for him to have massively damaged his side's chances of getting a goal back thereafter.

19 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

1501168523_2019-08-1818_42_35-Home_Twitter.jpg.4eb0592a92f8e9d40385f538d9231add.jpg

How the f**k is that rag still a thing in 2019.

Every time I see someone I respect sell a story to them, a little part of me dies.

On 18/08/2019 at 12:27, Monkey Tennis said:

"Basic" as in utterly senseless, yes?

The goal arrived in the 113th minute, meaning the last break in the action came a mere 8 minutes before.

You're therefore suggesting that the goalkeeper had wasted sufficient time in those 8 minutes, for him to have massively damaged his side's chances of getting a goal back thereafter.

Williams was “time wasting “ from the first minute , or so it appeared to the Killie fans . Whether this was a continuation from last week where he acted in a similar manner I don’t know but Clancy had a word with him mid way through the 1st half for it , but for some reason didn’t act when Williams continued to do so. Whether they were hoping to get to penalties I don’t know ? Anyway it backfired and the Killie fans rejoiced at his angst in the final few minutes . 

3 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Williams was “time wasting “ from the first minute , or so it appeared to the Killie fans . Whether this was a continuation from last week where he acted in a similar manner I don’t know but Clancy had a word with him mid way through the 1st half for it , but for some reason didn’t act when Williams continued to do so. Whether they were hoping to get to penalties I don’t know ? Anyway it backfired and the Killie fans rejoiced at his angst in the final few minutes . 

I've not got a view on whether or not he was time wasting.  I just think the remark that it "came back to haunt him" when there was a goal, was stupid.

From that report 

Parkhead teenage talent Armstrong Okoflex

If he isn't the scion of a multi-million pound cinema empire, I will be very disappointed.

1 hour ago, nsr said:

From that report 

If he isn't the scion of a multi-million pound cinema empire, I will be very disappointed.

And given their love of cheesy 80's tunes, i'm sure they're all brushing up on their Duran Duran numbers.