The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Football journalists be like: 

“At the start of the season results are the priority. Performances don’t matter at this stage”

“During the hectic festive period results are the priority. Performances don’t matter at this stage”

“At the end of the season results are the priority. Performances don’t matter at this stage”

Fwiw I couldn’t give a f**k if my team play two passes all game as long as they win but it’s such an empty phase to continually roll out. 

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Football journalists be like: 

“At the start of the season results are the priority. Performances don’t matter at this stage”

“During the hectic festive period results are the priority. Performances don’t matter at this stage”

“At the end of the season results are the priority. Performances don’t matter at this stage”

Fwiw I couldn’t give a f**k if my team play two passes all game as long as they win but it’s such an empty phase to continually roll out. 

^^^ not a Hibs fan.

This one sums up our national broadcaster's attitude imho. Saints send out a media release about Clark re-signing with this much needed positive pic attached. It's used by some, others go with a decent solo shot of Zander's head and shoulders.
Zan.jpg.8e8bdf3748a7914abd0307398ce02224.jpg

The BBC?...
Untitled.jpg.2de9bd551bbd8db5ff601b1e8ef2204b.jpg

Edited by 7-2

Preliminary round 1 of the Scottish Cup was yesterday. Zero live score updates on BBC Scotland website during the games & still nothing on BBC Scotland's Scottish Cup section today.

Edited by GNU_Linux

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fan-claims-scott-sinclairs-18909312

At this point you've got to ask, are they even trying to hide any single ounce of unprofessionalism?

1. Look at how the story is written. They immediately try and clear the green and white party of any wrongdoing, and turn the blame to the Motherwell groundsman. There are multiple instances within the first few lines (including the title).
2. This article is possibly the laziest piece of 'journalism' I think I've ever seen. 'Fan defends own player shocker'. If journalism in Scotland is seeking out instances where The Bigot Bros have spouted shite on twitter I'd have a new job within seconds.

On 11/08/2019 at 15:18, 7-2 said:

This one sums up our national broadcaster's attitude imho. Saints send out a media release about Clark re-signing with this much needed positive pic attached. It's used by some, others go with a decent solo shot of Zander's head and shoulders.

The BBC?...

Maybe if he had shaved then that pic could have been used, his own fault.

On 11/08/2019 at 21:18, 7-2 said:

The BBC?...

To be honest most non Saints fans wouldn't recognize him from the first photo.

Edited by SlipperyP

6 hours ago, parxyz said:

If journalism in Scotland is seeking out instances where The Bigot Bros have spouted shite on twitter I'd have a new job within seconds.

I mean when clown shoes like Chris Jack and Jonny McFarlane are getting ahead it sort of is like that.