The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Guest Moomintroll
The good thing about last nights celtic transfer is the papers had already been printed.
Being 12 to 14 hours behind gives them a full day to think of something negative to print tomorrow.
Celtic should announce all signings at 11pm.
Matt/Phihlhlh, whichever one of the two you are, do you ever actually read any of this paranoid crap before you post it?

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:
The good thing about last nights celtic transfer is the papers had already been printed.
Being 12 to 14 hours behind gives them a full day to think of something negative to print tomorrow.
Celtic should announce all signings at 11pm.

Matt/Phihlhlh, whichever one of the two you are, do you ever actually read any of this paranoid crap before you post it?

It's just good Celtic getting the jump on the hacks and taking the jam out their donut.

Guest Moomintroll
It's just good Celtic getting the jump on the hacks and taking the jam out their donut.
Lets be honest, they will make shit up that sells papers anyway, why not give them the real stories so that your support don't get drawn in by, & waste money on, Keef's (other terrible tabloid journalists are available) latest "exclusive"?

16 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lets be honest, they will make shit up that sells papers anyway, why not give them the real stories so that your support don't get drawn in by, & waste money on, Keef's (other terrible tabloid journalists are available) latest "exclusive"?

Love the rhetoric that there is a media agenda against them because ex pros are stating Tierney should move to a better league to improve as a player. It's common sense.

42 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
56 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is being irrelevant and making them irrelevant.

Lets be honest,buying another left back we know where this is going.

Subservient plebs or succulent lambs need to be put in their place.

Guest Moomintroll

You guys buying Andy Halliday then?

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Willy, I'll give you this...when you post, no one knows where it's going.

Guest Moomintroll
Willy, I'll give you this...when you post, no one knows where it's going.
I am not sure if it means they are buying Hibs or Connahs Quay Nomads left back tbh. He does live in a wibbly wobbly world of his own.

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Willy, I believe, unless you’ve totally sold out, in Scotland it should be spelt “doughnut” (or if it has a hole in the middle (cue Ken meme) a doughring)

I'm guessing you felt the need to tell me that?
If my auntie had baws she would be my uncle.

40 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm guessing you felt the need to tell me that?
If my auntie had baws she would be my uncle.

I'm guessing your auntie and your mother are the same person. Am I right?

A couple of years ago I had a good feeling about where Scottish football media was heading towards. We had guys like Michael Stewart, Tom English and a couple of others who seemed to be put in to bat for the sensible, non-OF loving crowd that had progressive ideas for Scottish football, fighting its corner against the Alex Raes and Pat Bonners of this world  

Fast forward to present day and nothing has changed. Rae and Bonner are still as wilfully clueless as ever and Stewart seems more like an SNP fanboy thats more interested in independence now, Tom English appears to write his articles whilst sitting in the Jock Stein Upper and the new blood that has dribbled its way through is more subservient than before. Listening to James McFadden on BBC Scotland genuinely makes me fearful for the future of our game. Apart from the fact that a man so glaringly stupid was able to become a key member of the national teams staff, his views on Scottish football and it’s future are dangerous, outdated and idiotic in equal measure. You would be as well standing outside Pacific Quay and asking the first guy that walks by their opinion on Scottish football as it would be absolutely guaranteed to be more knowledgeable and insightful than anything McFadden has to say. 

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

A couple of years ago I had a good feeling about where Scottish football media was heading towards. We had guys like Michael Stewart, Tom English and a couple of others who seemed to be put in to bat for the sensible, non-OF loving crowd that had progressive ideas for Scottish football, fighting its corner against the Alex Raes and Pat Bonners of this world  

Fast forward to present day and nothing has changed. Rae and Bonner are still as wilfully clueless as ever and Stewart seems more like an SNP fanboy thats more interested in independence now, Tom English appears to write his articles whilst sitting in the Jock Stein Upper and the new blood that has dribbled its way through is more subservient than before. Listening to James McFadden on BBC Scotland genuinely makes me fearful for the future of our game. Apart from the fact that a man so glaringly stupid was able to become a key member of the national teams staff, his views on Scottish football and it’s future are dangerous, outdated and idiotic in equal measure. You would be as well standing outside Pacific Quay and asking the first guy that walks by their opinion on Scottish football as it would be absolutely guaranteed to be more knowledgeable and insightful than anything McFadden has to say. 

Yep, McFadden is clearly an OF sycophant who believes they are the be all land end all.  He's from the same era as me (well he's 2 years older than me) where coaches were parents, or if they were 'coaches' they chose the biggest and/or quickest for the school teams/boys clubs.

You can tell he's been brainwashed from an early age by his coaches/parents/friends about the lines you need to spout regarding Scottish Football.  And it's of no surprise to me that he was drafted into a coaching team including Alex McLeish and Peter Grant.