The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surprised that no one at the record advised him to keep a low profile for a wee while, rather than keep the story going.

They probably see it as publicity and think it will help their falling sales figures.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Almost unbelievable to see a grown man thrashing about like that in the face of totally justified criticism of a shambolic and really cringy article. 

And to go so far off message.... His employers won't be happy at him lashing out at the arse cheeks, and he will return to his fluffing. 

To be quite honest, the whole saga should really spell the end of his "journalism". Shameful stuff from him.

I'm looking forward to his article on Monday, which will no doubt be hyper-critical of the singing of the Billy Boys and The Boys of the Old Brigade at yesterday's game.

Oh God, Oh Jesus Christ...one of the worst moments of my life has arrived and I apologise for this, but...no matter his motivation for writing it , Jackson is 100% right in his criticism of te Old Firm culture, Kick it Out and their attitude to sectarianism in general. I've slaughtered them many times for it and said as much on here a couple of days ago. The highlighting of this is long overdue. The only disappointment is that it's taken that c**t in a toys out of the pram piece to highlight it. I didn't think I'd ever read such a thing in the petrified to criticise, parochial Scottish media. Next he needs to have a go at Police Scotland for the same thing.

Right, I'm off to lie in a bath of bleach and Dettol for a week...

Oh God, Oh Jesus Christ...one of the worst moments of my life has arrived and I apologise for this, but...no matter his motivation for writing it , Jackson is 100% right in his criticism of te Old Firm culture, Kick it Out and their attitude to sectarianism in general. I've slaughtered them many times for it and said as much on here a couple of days ago. The highlighting of this is long overdue. The only disappointment is that it's taken that c**t in a toys out of the pram piece to highlight it. I didn't think I'd ever read such a thing in the petrified to criticise, parochial Scottish media. Next he needs to have a go at Police Scotland for the same thing.

Please don't post after doing crystal meth again

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I imagine his titanic ego would not accept that, bennett.

The Daily Record's entire sports department is basically him, that Michael Gannon bloke who really ought to be working for a better quality paper, and unpaid club specific bloggers.

edited to add :"setting down roots while tearing up trees"?  Really, Keith?  Is the point of that line to show how great at metaphors you are?

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Valiant effort, except there is no team called Castle Douglas. The team from Castle Douglas is called Threave Rovers and Glenafton beat them in the first round yesterday. It's therefore unlikely they'll have been drawn against them in the second round.

But apart from that it's spot on.

Glenafton is a beautiful place................

51 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Spot on.

The original Jackson piece was utterly woeful - childish, stupid and insulting.  He deserved the grief he got and it was perfectly proper that 'Kick it Out' highlighted and criticised it.  In that context, it's staggering that he's attempting a defence, when you'd think Bennett's notion of a "low profile" would make more sense.

However, his attack on the OF fixture, the way it's built up and worshipped in the media and ignored by those charged with opposing discrimination, is perfectly valid.

The trouble is that  Jackson isn't now coming out with this because he believes or feels that the fixture is a disgusting spectacle.  He's doing It for entirely selfish reasons based on the slagging he's attracted this week.  Despite the fact that what he says is right, his latest piece just makes him look yet more ridiculous, childish and tawdry.

Guest Moomintroll
Glenafton is a beautiful place................

This made me wonder why Kello Rovers were named that, I then looked up Kirkconnel on Wikipedia. Do they ever check any facts on that website[emoji23]

10 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

This made me wonder why Kello Rovers were named that, I then looked up Kirkconnel on Wikipedia. Do they ever check any facts on that websiteemoji23.png

Wow! That's a quality piece on Wiki. Never knew aw thae facts aboot Kirkconnel :whistle

Edited by lonewolfie

I'd say Mr. Meatballs has had another shocker, and he has, but he also wrote this:

"But pull on a scarf of one colour or another, join a baying public mob, glory in acts of terrorism, celebrate sectarianism, gloat about child abuse or behave in general as loudly and as obnoxiously as your own lack of decency will allow and you won’t hear so much as a peep."

A refreshingly honest appraisal of his paper's business model. Commendable.

4 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Wow! That's a quality piece on Wiki. Never knew aw thae facts aboot KirCconnel :whistle

'The Battle of Polbrok was fought. The KYT beat the Kelloholm Casuals. Only 9 people survived. The story is told in the song "the wheels on the bus" sung by Elvis Presley.'

Good to know that nothings changed within Ayrshire juniors then.

Absolute quality.

Spot on.
The original Jackson piece was utterly woeful - childish, stupid and insulting.  He deserved the grief he got and it was perfectly proper that 'Kick it Out' highlighted and criticised it.  In that context, it's staggering that he's attempting a defence, when you'd think Bennett's notion of a "low profile" would make more sense.
However, his attack on the OF fixture, the way it's built up and worshipped in the media and ignored by those charged with opposing discrimination, is perfectly valid.
The trouble is that  Jackson isn't now coming out with this because he believes or feels that the fixture is a disgusting spectacle.  He's doing It for entirely selfish reasons based on the slagging he's attracted this week.  Despite the fact that what he says is right, his latest piece just makes him look yet more ridiculous, childish and tawdry.

Spot on MT.