The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Yup, Alan Thompson got one measly cap when he was at his peak and England had next to no left sided midfielders.

actually been a bit of clamber on talksport for getting Sinclair into the squad especially after the Malta game.

As a celtic fan I was surpirsed at this as usually Talksport isn't the biggest supporter of Scottish football.... 

the Murray Davidson story makes me wonder what a coach the physio and team doctors do with their time. Its a well worn story that players will always claim they are fit enough to play. Why did none of those people say 'no'?

He wasn't injured though, we've put players through fitness tests and left them out in the past, but it's hard for a physio to rule out a key player without any real proof, especially when the player is claiming he's fine.

Jamie Lyall on on BBC Scotland site saying that the players at Ainslie Park were not fazed by the first female referee being in charge of a league game when Edin. City played Berwick yesterday.

Doesn't even know which club plays at what ground!!

Probably knows Ibrox & Parkhead I suppose. Useless c*nt

51 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Jamie Lyall on on BBC Scotland site saying that the players at Ainslie Park were not fazed by the first female referee being in charge of a league game when Edin. City played Berwick yesterday.

Potentially being whooshed here but Edinburgh City do play at Ainslie Park.

15 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Potentially being whooshed here but Edinburgh City do play at Ainslie Park.

I thought they played at Meadowbank. 

That's certainly where we played them in the cup a few years ago.

If they have decanted to Ainslie my apologies to the guy.

I thought they played at Meadowbank. 
That's certainly where we played them in the cup a few years ago.
If they have decanted to Ainslie my apologies to the guy.

I think it's just for this one season, tbf

2 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Should be included in "The Terrible Posts Thread" thread. 

That article is still wrong though, because it claims that she was the first referee to take charge of a "senior men's game".  Women have taken charge of senior matches before, such as Morag Pirie in the Highland League, and the likes of Kylie McMullan and Vikki Allan in the Lowland League and East of Scotland.  Lorraine Watson is the first to referee in the SPFL, which is not the same thing as "senior".

Tremendous stuff in a column in the Daily Mail today regarding sectarian singing. Essentially, because journalists have gone about it repeatedly for years and the Scottish football authorities have repeatedly shown little/no interest in dealing with the problem, journalists are no longer going to mention it.

An incredible stance for a reporter to take.

Tremendous stuff in a column in the Daily Mail today regarding sectarian singing. Essentially, because journalists have gone about it repeatedly for years and the Scottish football authorities have repeatedly shown little/no interest in dealing with the problem, journalists are no longer going to mention it.

This does rather beg the question of why you were reading the racist rag that is the Daily Mail.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

This does rather beg the question of why you were reading the racist rag that is the Daily Mail.

It gets delivered to work and I like to have a read for a laugh at their hypocrisy and little Englander stance.

15 hours ago, Stu said:

Not in Scotland unfortunately. If anyone dare mentions the s word then I expect their journalistic career will be a short one north of the border.