The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Someone really needs to hire a copy editor at the Daily Record. 

Brendan Rodgers’ side face the Ligue 1 giants at Celtic Park on Tuesday, September 12, reports Craig Swan in Monaco .

They then follow that up with a trip to Brussels to take on Anderlecht on Wednesday, September 12

Today's Sunday Herald sport's section has a back page piece by Marcotti in which he writes about the way the Championship League groups are decided. He tells us why Celtic will 'entertain Bayern, PSG and Olympiacos.' He then goes on to argue that the draw could have been tougher as Celtic could 'just as easily ended up with Andelecht...'

Not terrible as such, but does it annoy anyone else that the Betfred Cup goals are always referenced? Sky constantly going on about Simon Murray already scoring ten goals this season really aggravates me and I'm not sure why

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not terrible as such, but does it annoy anyone else that the Betfred Cup goals are always referenced? Sky constantly going on about Simon Murray already scoring ten goals this season really aggravates me and I'm not sure why

Yep, I've thought that myself when it's mentioned. On one hand he did score them but on the other eight of the ten have come against teams two and three divisions below Hibs. If they're going to keep mentioning his overall total they really should qualify it to add context.

I can only imagine that other SWPL games will get such lengthy match reports in future as this game between mid table dross did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41068543

To advertise this on twitter yesterday they had a sponsors pic with Sevco and Celtic captains holding the trophy with the rest of the teams behind them.

Glasgow City win this league year after year with Hibs also doing well. The gruesome twosome are nowhere to be seen in that league.

Reminds me of the Clydesdale Bank and Ladbrokes promo photograph where it was always 1st and 2nd at the front. Until Sevco were promoted and Aberdeen were shoved to the back.

They just can't help themselves.

Mackay-Steven rescued from Glasgow’s River Kelvin after hour and a half in the freezing water after jumping in on night out

The Scottish Sun. River Kelvin near zero degrees Celsius in August.  :huh:

(Hypothermia can set in at a much higher temperature than that, so be careful all you copy cats)

Gavin Berry ('sports journalist' at the Daily Record) states today that Dunfermline should settle for a play-off spot, which would "be a great finish in their first season back in the Championship". Dunfermline competed in and finished fifth in the same division last season.