The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

It really is remarkable.
We had the Mols nonsense a couple of weeks ago and now this complete and utter absence of a story.  What or who, is such drivel now for?  
We know that tabloids need to speak to their stupid audience, but can the BBC not be a bit different?  Is this complete dumbing down and abandonment of anything resembling journalism, a result of an explicit editorial decision, or is it just evidence an underfunded laziness and lack of care?
Either way, it's thoroughly unacceptable.

This.

This is supposed to be saved for the likes of the daily record. It is absolute pandering drivel. Not least because every single interview says exactly the same thing.

Additionally, maybe for the sportscene thread but the results show yesterday had a whole section devoted to the English premier league. If I wanted debate on that I'd go to BBC in the rest of the uk, sky sports, bt sport or any number of outlets covering it. I chose the Scottish football programme thanks.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

So, on a Sunday after a day in which there was a full card of SPFL football, the BBC's Scottish page decide to lead with a story saying an ex-Rangers player (who hasn't been involved in Scottish football in 13 years) saying the Old Firm is unbelievable.
I thought the game must be next weekend, but no, they don't play each other for another month, and Rangers still have another 4 games before then.

Celtic fans want their daily dose of sevco, it keeps them quiet for a while.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're joint top, just broke a club record, and we're the 13th story down. I'm raging.

Quite an interesting read tho, the lifespan of your average tractor.

The Bigot Broadcasting Corp's site has been like this all week. 99% of the lead 'stories' have been Old Firm puff pieces, mainly Celtic oriented, their midweek game no excuse. It's as if they've just given up pretending now,

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

The Bigot Broadcasting Corp's site has been like this all week. 99% of the lead 'stories' have been Old Firm puff pieces, mainly Celtic oriented, their midweek game no excuse. It's as if they've just given up pretending now,

That's what I mean about an editorial decision having surely been taken.

It really is so blatant now, the pieces are so nakedly 'puffy' in nature as you say, that it looks like a deliberate shift in direction.  

It's really not good enough.  They'd be better doing away with the website altogether, than treating us to that insulting shite.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It really is so blatant now, the pieces are so nakedly 'puffy' in nature as you say, that it looks like a deliberate shift in direction.  

It's really not good enough.  They'd be better doing away with the website altogether, than treating us to that insulting shite.

It would be interesting to see if the overall puff coverage of Rangers has increased now that they don't cover games from Ibrox...

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:45, Scottishfitbagoals said:

Natalie Sawyer on SSN this morning.

"Hamilton beat Dundee 3-0 yesterday but it was Dundee who opened the scoring through...."  How the f*ck does that work?

That was just after she had said Michael O'Halloran scored his first goal for St Johnstone yesterday.

Was the first goal an own goal??

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:31, Salvo Montalbano said:

30322e7796b5ba69743d016098055655.jpg

Not quite sure how Dumbarton are going to manage to host one game while simultaneously playing up in Buckie tbh.

We've already established they're a big team...

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A shift in direction isn't really needed though. They just need to move the existing output lever from 8 to 9.5. 

13 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

A shift in direction isn't really needed though. They just need to move the existing output lever from 8 to 9.5. 

It strikes me as a bit more radical than that.

The output has always been slanted towards the OF.  However, I don't remember it being quite this mindless in the past.

Slightly off topic but hopeless BBC as usual (at least I think, my French isn't great), but on the Beeb's Football transfer & gossip page.

12:33
"A great class" is the headline on the front page of French sports newspaper L'Equipe as they focus on Neymar's home debut where he scored twice for Paris St-Germain in their 6-2 victory over Toulouse.

Doesn't it mean first class, Neymar is First Class. Not He's a great class? :lol:

bebc0f97-2b24-4b63-bfe9-8533748c1a21.jpg