The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

5 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Nice to see English’s slide into complete loonball continuing apace.

It's utterly bizarre - what's in it for either club?

Arsenal take a player on loan but with no agreement on a future fee, so he could cost them £50m next summer.

Celtic let their best player leave for £3m, with no guarantee of a future fee - so if it's a disaster he loses all his value.

You only have to think about it for 30 seconds to see how stupid it is, so to actually tweet it out...

Alexander had moved half a foot off her line just before the spot-kick was taken, and was harshly ordered to be retaken, despite the penalty being poor and being off her line had little impact on the stop. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/disaster-scotland-women-mens-somehow-16545420

Adam Thomas

It’s a black and white issue with no shades of grey. It’s not like we can say, aye, but she was only a little off her line rather than five yards.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/var-never-cost-scotland-world-16549995

Michael Gannon

I'm not sure Adam has been to the football before.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Alexander had moved half a foot off her line just before the spot-kick was taken, and was harshly ordered to be retaken, despite the penalty being poor and being off her line had little impact on the stop. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/disaster-scotland-women-mens-somehow-16545420

Adam Thomas

It’s a black and white issue with no shades of grey. It’s not like we can say, aye, but she was only a little off her line rather than five yards.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/var-never-cost-scotland-world-16549995

Michael Gannon

I'm not sure Adam has been to the football before.

The main issue for me is this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48723902

Rule changes mid tournament.

9 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

The general gist is that Patrick thistle's fruity strip is going to cause kids to get battered and cost their club money. The usual offensive dinosaur shite we have come to expect. 

And there could be a spike in sales from non Partick fans who appreciate what they've done. I wonder what McAvennie would make of the shirt Altrincham wore as a one off last season. It's much less subtle.

15 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

The general gist is that Patrick thistle's fruity strip is going to cause kids to get battered and cost their club money. The usual offensive dinosaur shite we have come to expect. 

He may well be correct at some level with part or all of it, that shouldn't stop Partick doing it or receiving a wee pat on the back for it IMO.

He may well be correct at some level with part or all of it, that shouldn't stop Partick doing it or receiving a wee pat on the back for it IMO.

He’s not remotely correct on any level with any part of it.

Does homophobia still exist that much at primary school level?

Genuine question as I've literally no idea, I feel like it probably doesnt though.

McAvennie just showing himself as an absolute fucking dinosaur, who seems to be trying to convince people to let "bullies" win, by simply shitehawking away from confronting them.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Cheers for the link.

What the f**k has that old **** to do with Partick Thistle and they're choice of away kit anyway, am I missing something, or is it just another rent a quote for another ex bigot sister player?

6 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Cheers for the link.

What the f**k has that old **** to do with Partick Thistle and they're choice of away kit anyway, am I missing something, or is it just another rent a quote for another ex bigot sister player?

Essentially says "you should value money over tolerance".

Guest Moomintroll
What a bigoted old waste of sperm he is, we all knew he was thick as pigshit following his treasure map farrago but here he outs himself as a complete and utter c**t. Even trotting out the "my gay pals" line.

Holy shit, I have religious beliefs but quite frankly I tuned that particular part out a long time ago as I am not a drooling maniac. How are people like him still being given column inches in the National media, me & Partick Thistle don't get on because Killie but I feel like buying that top now just because of attitudes like that.