The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Wrong club mate. Sevco came along a few years later.

Remember Svensson was indeed hopeless. They had another dud in midfield called Rodriguez I think. They lost in the pouring rain to a Marc Twaddle header which was tré amusing.

Julien Rodriguez?  He was a defender signed by McLeish and was actually alright.

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Who can forget Lionel Letizi in goals from that wonderful half season of Le Guen's Rangers.

I'll stick my hand up here. 

Cannot for the life of me remember him at Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'll stick my hand up here. 

Cannot for the life of me remember him at Rangers. 

ICT went there in October 2006 and he fumbled a Craig Dargo daisy cutter right to Graham Bayne for the tap in for a 1-0 win.  Glorious scenes.  Didn't catch a single cross all game.

Not sure how closely the guy writing the BBC website report on last night’s Youth Cup Final was watching the match. Rangers second goal was a thing of beauty. A deliberate mix-up in taking a free kick, defence caught out when free kick unexpectedly comes in, Rangers player again catches out Celtic defence when the ball comes to him in the air at the back post by heading the ball back into the box for the Rangers runner, who smashes it into the net. Brilliant! But the writer thinks this happened “then Mebude made it two by drilling home from 10 yards after a cross had only been half-cleared.” 

Hang your entire article on the goal being scored in the 67th minute and give it as 68 under the scoreline.

Capture.thumb.PNG.7379dc95c97803eba372cd8d115972c8.PNG

Except he says 67 minutes had been played. Which is correct, and not the same as saying that the goal was scored in the 67th minute.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Except he says 67 minutes had been played. Which is correct, and not the same as saying that the goal was scored in the 67th minute.

It's just contrived shite.

5 hours ago, Darren said:

It's just contrived shite.

Contrived to be actual fact. I’m no fan of this spooky stuff, but how can you say that saying that the goal was scored after 67 minutes had been played is contrived? That is what happened, I saw it with my own eyes.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Contrived to be actual fact. I’m no fan of this spooky stuff, but how can you say that saying that the goal was scored after 67 minutes had been played is contrived? That is what happened, I saw it with my own eyes.

If it happened on 67 minutes, fine. If 67 minutes had elapsed and the goal was scored in the 68th minute then it's just fitting it to a narrative.