The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Such a pointless article but it's riddled with errors. That's not a photo of Craig Gunn for Elgin City, and surely Rory McAllister has scored more goals for Peterhead than Martin Bavidge?  A quick Google suggests he has, unless I'm missing something obvious?

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

Such a pointless article but it's riddled with errors. That's not a photo of Craig Gunn for Elgin City, and surely Rory McAllister has scored more goals for Peterhead than Martin Bavidge?  A quick Google suggests he has, unless I'm missing something obvious?

Yup, it's just lazy. Loads of photos missing, wrong information and two clubs they just couldn't be arsed to do the merest bit of research on.

Plus the format/layout is horrific.

Persevered with that site and found Borough Briggs at the end.  :lol:

Clearly not a clue that the grassy embankments and wee behind-goal terraces are all part of the ground, plus their work on the long covered terrace on the LHS is truly horrific.

Mine left, their's right.

Briggs.JPG.f55f9b17dc09db26d3f96d576a68d973.JPG

The audacity of having a 'buy a photo' option for that.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Slags off the SFA for spelling and doesn't bother proofreading the love letter to Scot Gemmill

Notice how he’s walking back his claims about McLeish’s sacking being inevitable? The soft language, and complete lack of reference to sources, make that article utterly untrustworthy.

Keith Jackson’s a p***k.

17 hours ago, true_rover said:

Dreadful "articles" like this that keep popping up on the Scotsman website.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/all-42-spfl-grounds-as-seen-from-the-sky-1-4904380

Worst bit of this one is how outdated some of the pictures are - some of them missing the pitch!

Why has the Scotsman over the last few weeks turned into a badly formatted Buzzfeed page where you need to go through 14 pages of adverts to read their articles? The quicker they go out of business the better and I imagine it won’t be long. 

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Why has the Scotsman over the last few weeks turned into a badly formatted Buzzfeed page where you need to go through 14 pages of adverts to read their articles? The quicker they go out of business the better and I imagine it won’t be long. 

So sad to see what's happened to the Scotsman's online output. They were one of the early adopters of website content, but instead of moving with the times their site has descended into a clickbait minefield that as you said is choked full adverts. 

My adblocker picks up 38 ads on their sport homepage which is far too intrusive and IMO the wrong way to go about content monetisation in  2019.

scotsman.thumb.JPG.05c96cafb746eccb6334208329357363.JPG

(For comparisons sake, the Daily Record's main football page has 21 ads; the Sun has 15; Guardian 12).

You've got to love the patronising attitude of the sports media. Football fans are obviously thick no-marks who'll think this stuff is amazing and marvel at the power of modern technology to source all this information and put it in one place.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Bloody BBC trying to unsettle Aberdeen before a semi-final. Typical WCMSM IMHO

Capture.JPG.13ee313e6a62779615b78ce53162601a.JPG