• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ludo*1

The Terrible Journalism Thread

21 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Sky Sports News this morning had Gary McKay-Steven signing for Aberdeen in 2015, played 31 games for us and scored 5 goals.  Makes me wonder if anything about the story of him speaking to New York is accurate. Abysmal stuff from Sky as usual outwith the you know who two.

Edit - they’re at it again just now on their yellow infobar. Derek McInnes wins Manager of the Month award for December with eight wins. Unbelievable!

Give the guy a break - he's quite capable of getting 8 wins in a month...

BBC Scotland promoting English football on the Scottish Football page again...

image.thumb.png.8800ec2e2e96c5151c63eeb1e27ed549.png

I wouldn't care if Ryan Fraser had scored a hat-trick for Bournemouth today.  I'd wish they'd stick to covering games only involving Scottish clubs on this section of their site.

He's taking offence to the story about Scotland international Erin Cuthbert scoring for Chelsea being in the "Scottish football" section of the BBC website.

Pish. Scottish player scores double in big game in top league, but reading it as a scottish football site promoting English fitba. Right.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

big game in top league, 

An absolutely massive London derby in one of world football's leading leagues*, as the 3019 attendance shows.  

*Taken from internal BBC memo, probably.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

c.jpg

Check the absolute state of that comment, they should see the shite we all have to just accept and get on with!

On 05/01/2019 at 13:43, buchan30 said:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/ex-rangers-star-bilel-mohsni-facing-fife-dangerous-driving-charge-1-4851743

That is “ex-rangers” player, not “dundee united” (who he had a short term contract with at the time of the incident)

To be fair, Mohsni is best known in Scotland for his time/hilarious meltdown at Rangers so I think it's a fair enough use.

Also, the reason "ex-Celtic/Rangers" gets used for headlines even when the player is better known for playing with other clubs is so that it shows up on search engines because - unfortunately - folk are searching for those two more often than any other teams. Same reason retired players get referred to as "Rangers/Celtic legend"; just trying to get more clicks.

On 2019-01-16 at 05:17, The_Judge said:

c.jpg

Even as a Celtic fan i find this blog to be ultra cringey, of all the Celtic blogs this is by far the most paranoid.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Even as a Celtic fan i find this blog to be ultra cringey, of all the Celtic blogs this is by far the most paranoid.

My mate posts stuff from it on Facebook. I thought it was a parody page.

There's a "Scottish cup shocks" quiz on the BBC the now, and for at least two of the ten questions, the answer is given away or narrowed down - to anyone with a basic knowledge of Scottish fitba - by the accompanying picture. Useless ignorant dicks.

18 hours ago, resk said:

There's a "Scottish cup shocks" quiz on the BBC the now, and for at least two of the ten questions, the answer is given away or narrowed down - to anyone with a basic knowledge of Scottish fitba - by the accompanying picture. Useless ignorant dicks.

And at the other end of the scale, their current "where do the teams play" quiz is nigh on impossible. You've got to find the location to within a cm on the map.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46811667

On 17/01/2019 at 13:51, EwanMubs25 said:

To be fair, Mohsni is best known in Scotland for his time/hilarious meltdown at Rangers so I think it's a fair enough use.

Also, the reason "ex-Celtic/Rangers" gets used for headlines even when the player is better known for playing with other clubs is so that it shows up on search engines because - unfortunately - folk are searching for those two more often than any other teams. Same reason retired players get referred to as "Rangers/Celtic legend"; just trying to get more clicks.

The ex-Bigot stuff was going on long before the internet appeared.