Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ludo*1

The Terrible Journalism Thread

Recommended Posts

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-mccann-claims-outside-influences-13667732

I'm going to put this in here for the misleading headline, was expecting (hoping?) McCann would go on a Sevco seethe style rant yet he is annoyingly very conciliatory about his sacking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I just seen this article on the BBC and all I can think is how could you honestly describe it as a "fairytale".

Motherwell's fairytale Challenge Cup run ends against Ross County

It'a as much a fairytale as Gretna's run to the 2006 Scottish Cup final was and the media back then were creaming themselves at the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there have been some 'diving' incidents lately BUT I still don't think it's necessary to have this kind of story on the Scottish Football page :unsure:.

bbc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2018 at 22:50, senorsoupe said:

It'a as much a fairytale as Gretna's run to the 2006 Scottish Cup final was and the media back then were creaming themselves at the time

The fairytale where they played zero SPL sides until the final.  Same with Falkirk in 2015 playing zero Premiership ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5c06aae1100e5_2018-12-04(2).png.80a8fce22ae308e765297f620857668e.png

I wonder if they gave the Manager of the Month piece the full hour as the headline between its announcement and the Rangers Int puff piece. 

Edited by 7-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the BBC Scotland Sports website just now. Two red cards at Ibrox last night, both for two yellows, one shouldn’t have been, and one was blatant. So which one do BBC Scotland put up? Video to go with “Should Morelos have been sent off?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the STV website just now. Brendan Rodgers denies that Celtic players wound up any Aberdeen players at the League Cup Final, and says that Celtic’s disciplinary record shows that they are “good sports”. Aye, ok then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

On the BBC Scotland Sports website just now. Two red cards at Ibrox last night, both for two yellows, one shouldn’t have been, and one was blatant. So which one do BBC Scotland put up? Video to go with “Should Morelos have been sent off?”

They should be more asking if Cosgrove should have been sent off or Lafferty should have got another yellow (didn't even show that in the highlights) - typical BBC Biased to Rangers and Celtic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

On the STV website just now. Brendan Rodgers denies that Celtic players wound up any Aberdeen players at the League Cup Final, and says that Celtic’s disciplinary record shows that they are “good sports”. Aye, ok then. 

Brendan Rodgers is a p***k thread for this pish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

On the STV website just now. Brendan Rodgers denies that Celtic players wound up any Aberdeen players at the League Cup Final, and says that Celtic’s disciplinary record shows that they are “good sports”. Aye, ok then. 

I sometimes wonder if OF bosses are sensibly spouting whatever propaganda the bigot hordes need to hear, or if over time they genuinely come to believe this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The National, and presumably The Herald too, say Adam Hammill's wonder goal was from fully 50 yards. Do they think pitches are only 100 yards in length?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owsley said:

The National, and presumably The Herald too, say Adam Hammill's wonder goal was from fully 50 yards. Do they think pitches are only 100 yards in length?

Football pitches are between 100 and 130 yards in length. Based on what I can find online, Easter Road has a pitch length of 112 yards. So scoring from just inside your own half would be approximately 56 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Football pitches are between 100 and 130 yards in length. Based on what I can find online, Easter Road has a pitch length of 112 yards. So scoring from just inside your own half would be approximately 56 yards.

So further than the 50 yards stated then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2018 at 20:01, The Master said:

I suppose we can count this as “journalism”.

731B504A-92E2-4117-A0D3-532DF415D2CD.thumb.png.851f7a7fc63ef37be4bce6707dbdb0cf.png

They've outdone themselves here:

Untitled.thumb.png.6ed1135e46bc4cc60ad9968461825a31.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×