The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bt-sport-fluttered-eyelids-scottish-13618929

Keith Jackson.

The truth of the matter is BT low-balled Neil Doncaster to such an extent that he was left sitting at the negotiating table with his pants around his ankles.

At that point Sky could have done with him as they wished. They could have had their wicked way with our game and thrown us some loose change for the pleasure and Doncaster would have been in no position to complain.

giphy.gif

not "terrible journalism" as such but the bbc report of tonights st mirren v celtic game siggts it as "a dream start for Oran Kearny". No a dream start would be a resounding home victory not a home draw against 10 men. just irks me the disdain they hold clubs outside the arse cheeks that we should be grateful for anything!

eta it wont post a picture of it for some reason

So since this St Mirren have only picked up a single point and lost the other 7 matches by an aggregate of 16-2, seems like it was a great start for the manager afterall given their situation and squad. [emoji51]

22 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

An utter nonsense story screaming of Celtic wanting a headline and the BBC being happy to give them one. The odds of them not taking tickets to an old firm game are somewhere in between miniscule and zero.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46292679

Screenshot_20181121-153002.png

That’s “Celtic who contributed more to the economy than the Commonwealth games according to a study by Celtic” to you, sonny.

Even though they most likely don’t.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15293

So since this St Mirren have only picked up a single point and lost the other 7 matches by an aggregate of 16-2, seems like it was a great start for the manager afterall given their situation and squad. [emoji51]
yeah made to eat my words on that one but you see my point

yeah made to eat my words on that one but you see my point

I did and would've if you hadn't used that game as an example. St Mirren looked absolutely awful and them taking a point in his first game against Celtic was a great start. Only replying as I took stick and the Celtic supporting big team pish patter for that when it wasn't anything to do with it

1 hour ago, TreStyles79 said:

Looks like BBC Scotland think Scotland could be facing a trip to the Southern States of the USA for the Euro 2020 qualifiers :unsure:

(That's not Estonia's flag either)

georgia.bmp

I just spotted this - very odd indeed.  I reckon we could probably squeeze past the US State of Georgia's soccerball team (or at least, I'd rather we played them than the former Soviet Georgia, who always derail our campaigns).  The Estonia flag appears, bizarrely, to be one which was a historic suggestion, but never chosen.  You have to look quite hard to find it!

BBC Scotland group_cr.jpg

I did and would've if you hadn't used that game as an example. St Mirren looked absolutely awful and them taking a point in his first game against Celtic was a great start. Only replying as I took stick and the Celtic supporting big team pish patter for that when it wasn't anything to do with it

i didnt give you any 'big team pish' patter.

my point was simply about st mirren getting a draw at home against 10 man celtic being some sort of fantastic result when it clearly isnt. well shouldnt be a result that is heralded across the press.

did you watch that game? i did and it was awful. it actually sticks in my mind it was that bad

13 hours ago, H Wragg said:

IMG_9508.jpg.d4707dfad40c669a80580e1991c4a1ae.jpg

Tbf, considering how often folk change nationalities in rugby, it wouldn't be a shock if that headline was technically correct.

I seem to have missed the match preview for Edinburgh City v ICT in the Sunday Mail...

OK, so City are just some non-league upstarts from not-Glasgow but ICT were in the Premier League not so long ago and must be worth a mention.. 

Certain things in life are comforting because they've always been there and bring some certainty to an ever changing world - but nothing compares to the feeling of familiarity brought about by an entirely quoteless transfer story linking the OF with the best player from the team they are about to play, especially in a cup final. 

In unrelated news, Celtic have renewed their interest in Scott McKenna :rolleyes: