The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

BTs advert promoting Hearts v Hibs and Dundee v Celtic refers to it as a “double bill from the Scottish Premier League”. 

Two f**k ups for the price of one.

It’s not a double bill if they’re on at the same time, surely?

Sixteen months on and he’s out. You could argue his dismissal, just 12 hours of league football into the new season, was knee jerk.

That Dens chief John Nelms should have kept his nerve. But when Alan Stubbs is emptied in half that time, we know the crazies are running the madhouse.

You can bet Nelms was influenced by social media, a platform made for those who bark at the moon.

More disappointing was the reaction of some in the game. Former Dundee player Kevin Holt (no, me neither) wasn’t slow to put the studs in.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Sixteen months on and he’s out. You could argue his dismissal, just 12 hours of league football into the new season, was knee jerk.

That Dens chief John Nelms should have kept his nerve. But when Alan Stubbs is emptied in half that time, we know the crazies are running the madhouse.

You can bet Nelms was influenced by social media, a platform made for those who bark at the moon.

More disappointing was the reaction of some in the game. Former Dundee player Kevin Holt (no, me neither) wasn’t slow to put the studs in.

The "no, me neither" comment is just another way of saying "I am completely ignorant of teams and players outwith Celtic and Rangers because I am a lazy, ignorant, useless c**t".

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The "no, me neither" comment is just another way of saying "I am completely ignorant of teams and players outwith Celtic and Rangers because I am a lazy, ignorant, useless c**t".

I don’t think it’s even that tbh. I’m sure he knows who Holt is but it’s another little snippet so the knuckle draggers can laugh like drains at the diddyness of teams like Dundee and go “he’s pyoor wan o us byraway, but FTPGSTQ/UPTHERA (delete as appropriate)”.

On 22/10/2018 at 13:14, DA Baracus said:

Aye but  they do all rally around their pals. Can't mind who it was but they said 8 games was far too early in to the season to punt McCann. A total distortion of the facts that ignores the league cup where Dundee were beaten by 2 Championship clubs. It also ignores last season.

They always distort the facts or flat out ignore them. In their view no manager deserves to be sacked, and all their pals are touted for every job going  (see the constant promotion of John Hughes for example).

The John Hughes stuff is hilarious, he, and his mates, seem to forget his last job was getting a full time relegated to the seaside leagues after losing to a Brechin side who then went a full fucking year without beating any other full time teams.

Yet he'll still be touted for any top flight job, and probably still believes he has a chance of them. 

His careers done, same with Pressley who is now hilariously talking up Scottish football again, after his constant slating of it, coincidentally at the same time no other club abroad will have any interest in him.

Two absolutely deluded managers who'll hopefully spend the rest of their careers applying for jobs in the top half and getting laughed at.

18 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

Derek Ferguson match report from Queens v Falkirk game, he decided that Queens nickname was Doon hammers. I thought it was maybe just a slip of the tounge but he said it again later in his award winning report.

I honestly thought he was having a stroke or something during that report, he absolutely lost the plot 

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The John Hughes stuff is hilarious, he, and his mates, seem to forget his last job was getting a full time relegated to the seaside leagues after losing to a Brechin side who then went a full fucking year without beating any other full time teams.

Yet he'll still be touted for any top flight job, and probably still believes he has a chance of them. 

His careers done, same with Pressley who is now hilariously talking up Scottish football again, after his constant slating of it, coincidentally at the same time no other club abroad will have any interest in him.

Two absolutely deluded managers who'll hopefully spend the rest of their careers applying for jobs in the top half and getting laughed at.

They always seem to ignore when it went shite at Hibs for him and they never mention how he quit Livingston for Hartlepool and how shite he did at Hartlepool.  As you say, for some reason the Raith stuff is always just forgotten or quickly dismissed as well. 

He's a dick and Pishy Broon Shoes is a dick as well.

1 hour ago, d_t_b said:

I honestly thought he was having a stroke or something during that report, he absolutely lost the plot 

It was a car crash and he is getting paid to spout his pish week in week out.  About time the BBC Scotland sports team was made up of less ex football players who can't string a couple of sentences together. 

Niall McGinn is a greedy b*****d.  Aberdeen fans, if you don't get a ticket, you know who to blame.

Aberdeen winger Niall McGinn has demanded a 50-50 split of the tickets for the Betfred Cup final against Celtic at Hampden Park. (Scottish Daily Mail)