The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Are people seriously being invited, on a voluntary basis, to listen to Barry Ferguson and Keith Jackson talking?
I can think of few noises I'd like listening to less.  The cries of loved ones enduring torture perhaps?  Still not sure.
Well, it is "game changing". The mind boggles at what kind of groundbreaking World First they have. They surely didn't just go with a phrase that sounded like it was to do with football without knowing what it meant...

The only podcast featuring Keith Jackson and Barry Ferguson I'd voluntarily listen to would be one with them both being waterboarded in it.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that,  THIS would be worthy of winning an award.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's like winning Personality of the Year in Broadmoor.

I'm not saying Keith Jackson should be locked up in Broadmoor for his "award winning writing" but he should definitely be imprisoned at the very least. 

Plenty of room on Devils Island these days or Alcatraz......

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Who gives even the slightest of fucks? BBC at their irrelevant best again :lol: 

image.png.31e4ee1a3b4483283e02d9636f6fcf23.png

Reporting banal "shite aff twitter"  is one of - with a lot of competition - the very worst things about journalism now. I can understand that dying papers do it as it's something the work experience boy or lassie can do without leaving their desk and involves no actual journalism - but the BBC with their lavish state funding have no excuse - total fucking minter.

Reporting banal "shite aff twitter"  is one of - with a lot of competition - the very worst things about journalism now. I can understand that dying papers do it as it's something the work experience boy or lassie can do without leaving their desk and involves no actual journalism - but the BBC with their lavish state funding have no excuse - total fucking minter.
Especially when its screenshotting random members of the public reactions to actual stories. Why the f**k do I care what some fud tweeted about this?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Swello said:

Especially when its screenshotting random members of the public reactions to actual stories. Why the f**k do I care what some fud tweeted about this?

To be fair - that's no worse than the "vox pop with thickos" that the BBC uses whenever they report from an English Market town (which they rely on to say things on the news that their reporters wouldn't be allowed to :))

22 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Who gives even the slightest of fucks? BBC at their irrelevant best again :lol: 

image.png.31e4ee1a3b4483283e02d9636f6fcf23.png

It's remarkable that it's so unremarkable that what is basically a spat between two of the sort of daft lassies we all went to school with has become one of the country's biggest news stories.

Ah, 21st century. How harshly you will be judged.

In fairness, the Women's football thing would be the story above. This comes under "news", as if it's like real important non sports news.

No no, it’s under women’s football, as in literally, it’s underneath.

I definitely didn’t just make a tit of myself.

My original point was that it was on the football page. Men's, women's, it's bloody irrelevant pish but for some reason, it's front page news. 

What sorry of muppets drink this shit up??

15 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

My original point was that it was on the football page. Men's, women's, it's bloody irrelevant pish but for some reason, it's front page news. 

What sorry of muppets drink this shit up??

This was the hot topic of conversation at my work yesterday. People seemed to know all the details.

So in answer to your question, muppets like my colleagues. 

I'm not surprised though, other pet subjects are love island, bake off, strictly, rugby World Cup and cricket.