The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 24/08/2019 at 15:26, Raidernation said:

BBC home page on the app: not a single mention or link to Scottish football.

What?

Not even women's football? 

I for one; am shocked. 

Someone at the BBC can't count.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49719501

Former Hearts player and manager Jim Jefferies is recovering after suffering a heart attack.

The 68-year-old took unwell while playing golf on Monday morning and was taken to hospital.

In 1998 he led Hearts to their first Scottish Cup triumph in 32 years, defeating Rangers 2-1 at Celtic Park.

So who's all loving this stunning, new addition to the Scottish media landscape:

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/fergie-time-with-barry-ferguson-and-keith-jackson/

Daily Record’s game-changing new podcast Fergie Time – featuring Scotland and Rangers legend Barry Ferguson as you’ve never heard him before

...hosted by award-winning 'journalist' Keith Jackson. 

Spoiler

Image result for team america sick gif

1 minute ago, virginton said:

So who's all loving this stunning, new addition to the Scottish media landscape:

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/fergie-time-with-barry-ferguson-and-keith-jackson/

...hosted by award-winning 'journalist' Keith Jackson. 

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for team america sick gif

It can't be said enough - Keith Jackson is an utter c**t.

See that Keith Jackson ....I’ve heard he’s a c**t ....is that right ? 

Well, I don’t know but I’ve been told that the kind of person who tells a reporter and photographer to tell Michael Mols about his friend’s death and then photograph his reaction and report it as news, is indeed a c**t.

Also making a c**t a c**t would be to publicly denounce a rival newspaper for doing something similar to Ben Stokes’ mother, or to Gareth Thomas’s parents while then proceeding to do that in an airport.

Edit: just noticed that the topic of the essential Fergie-Time podcast is the abuse dealt out to players from fans. Nothing in it all about how those fans are empowered by cretinous red tops, I assume.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Well, I don’t know but I’ve been told that the kind of person who tells a reporter and photographer to tell Michael Mols about his friend’s death and then photograph his reaction and report it as news, is indeed a c**t.

Also making a c**t a c**t would be to publicly denounce a rival newspaper for doing something similar to Ben Stokes’ mother, or to Gareth Thomas’s parents while then proceeding to do that in an airport.

Edit: just noticed that the topic of the essential Fergie-Time podcast is the abuse dealt out to players from fans. Nothing in it all about how those fans are empowered by cretinous red tops, I assume.

Bit unfair, I've dished out verbal abuse to loads of players and was in no way empowered by shitrags that I never read. 

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

Keith Jackson is an utter c**t.

Whilst i truly abhor the use of the "c" word in any connotation, i willingly step back from my moral safety net to accept that, when the subject matter is Keith "i've fun' a billionaire fur ra reggers" Jackson, others may correctly use this descriptive.

Whilst i truly abhor the use of the "c" word in any connotation, i willingly step back from my moral safety net to accept that, when the subject matter is Keith "i've fun' a billionaire fur ra reggers" Jackson, others may correctly use this descriptive.

Let it go, embrace the word. There really isn’t any words in the English language better to express that strength of feeling.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let it go, embrace the word. There really isn’t any words in the English language better to express that strength of feeling.

Not for me mate.  Although, as a democratic person, i uphold the right of others to use it as they see fit.

Notwithstanding the above, Keith Jackson is a "c"   😲😲 

Nobody would listen to any of these podcasts so I thought I'd highlight some of the descriptions.  There's only been 4 episodes but here are two - 

image.png.db53eb5d0e2a6c6535ddd7ad2996acab.png

image.png.90c13f511a2ffbaa78ea04825d3a3d47.png

Any guesses what Barry put in Archie Knox's tea?  Cola? Rice krispies? Barry has a favourite seat but what else does he have? A favourite car parking space? A favourite roundabout?

Edited by The Minertaur

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can think of few noises I'd like listening to less.  The cries of loved ones enduring torture perhaps?  Still not sure.

The cawing of seagulls grates pretty quickly.