The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I know it’s Sky, and I know that no one will be surprised. But on their wee two minute Scottish Premiership bit about 10 minutes ago, it had an interview with Berra and a box appeared on screen saying “Aberdeen v Hearts, Saturday.” Then the Sky guy introduces an interview with Jason Kerr saying that the Perth side have a difficult start away to Celtic, but during the interview a box appears with “St Johnstone v Livingston, Saturday”.

Worse than that is what they're tweeting...

I don't know about the other clubs, but ours shows "new signings" Ricky Foster and Murray Davidson playing darts, before interviewing our new striker, Tony Watt.

Worse than that is what they're tweeting...
I don't know about the other clubs, but ours shows "new signings" Ricky Foster and Murray Davidson playing darts, before interviewing our new striker, Tony Watt.
It has been very badly executed, but the series of tweets is showing some of the stuff they've done in previous years ahead of the new seasons starting.

18 hours ago, The Chief said:

The hurt on show by the Daily Ranger at the moment is off the scale. Any Celtic fan who buys that rag needs to have a word with themself.

Nothing obvious on the website. 

You have to realise that most of us* don't have the acute paranoia of Celtic fans and can't always recognise the offensiveness that you can. Help us out here. 

*excludes the other, equally batshit, cheek

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

Nothing obvious on the website. 

You have to realise that most of us* don't have the acute paranoia of Celtic fans and can't always recognise the offensiveness that you can. Help us out here. 

*excludes the other, equally batshit, cheek

Their front pages on Monday and Tuesday. They were probably jizzing in their pants as the presses started rolling.

13 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Their front pages on Monday and Tuesday. They were probably jizzing in their pants as the presses started rolling.

I'm not in Scotland so had to look these up. 

(ex-celt) Anthony Stokes is a stalker and  sex abuse victim wants justice stories? 

You are absolutely right to shoot the messenger here. Victims of stalking and sexual abuse should never have a public voice, especially if it casts a large marketing operation In a bad light. 

On 30/07/2019 at 18:31, The Chief said:

The hurt on show by the Daily Ranger at the moment is off the scale. Any Celtic fan who buys that rag needs to have a word with themself.

Is this the same as the the Daily Rhebel that the other lot don't buy. 

Either a very token fee or the BBC have missed a few digits out on the second story...20190802_073325.thumb.jpeg.c38147d97cfb0ea398ee14e1d9bc9743.jpeg

I had to look up that bielik guy to understand that story. Maybe that makes me belong in the calling card of morons thread as opposed to it being terrible journalism.

Seen this belter on Facebook last week.

Where do you even start? FYI, this was a night where there were Betfred Cup games on and I think only 2 or 3 of the teams were even playing, none of them against each other. Not to mention, the league hadn't started, and 2 teams there aren't even Premiership teams.

FB_IMG_1564743670615.jpg

Edited by Connor1874

Just watched the sports section on Reporting Scotland this evening. Do they mention a 5-0 win by a Scottish team in Europe last night? Do they go to East End to preview and promote a game BBC are covering?
No, it’s all will ‘They’ win the league again or can we expect a challenge from ‘them’.
FFS guys there are 42 senior clubs in this country not 2 !!!!!!!!!

On 03/08/2019 at 11:28, Connor1874 said:

Thistle beat us 4-2 if I remember correctly.

They did indeed. I was at that game rather than ours because I lived in Edinburgh at the time and couldn't get down to Kilmarnock for the kick-off. Higginbotham scudded in a cracker.