The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Guest Moomintroll
i went for a day long interview at a red top years ago and I recall the assembled interviewees being told 'we don't want good writers, we want good journalists' - they wanted people up to sniffing out stories, being prepared to hound the recently bereaved for pictures of lost loved ones etc... it takes a certain type and the ability to write was not a necessity.
Still doesn't explain Keith Jackson though.

i went for a day long interview at a red top years ago and I recall the assembled interviewees being told 'we don't want good writers, we want good journalists' - they wanted people up to sniffing out stories, being prepared to hound the recently bereaved for pictures of lost loved ones etc... it takes a certain type and the ability to write was not a necessity.
When I was at college, some of the best students were appalling spellers and struggled to construct a sentence.
They were a pain in the arse though, which invariably meant they could source interviews etc. and the poor writing was saved by the subs.
I don't really have a problem with it as it does take a special kind of person to be able to secure stories/interviews, but room also has to be made for the ones who can actually write and have an understanding of what they're writing about.

Congratulations to Dany Mitzman, a journalist who's managed to get money out of the BBC for writing the sort of hackneyed I'm-a-woman-and-I-don't-like-football article that was popular 25 years ago. But it's set in Italy, so it's different.
Jesus. WTF was that pish? I would say "a new low for the BBC" but it isn't.

Random folk offering to buy you season tickets, aye? That definitely happened.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48542794

Tom English’s puff piece on Scott Bain. Had to remove English’s tongue from Bain’s arse to even read this fluff.

All this for Gianluigi Buffon 2.0 who still wouldn’t get anywhere near to starting for us, or likely half the other teams in the league.

Tom English’s puff piece on Scott Bain. Had to remove English’s tongue from Bain’s arse to even read this fluff.

All this for Gianluigi Buffon 2.0 who still wouldn’t get anywhere near to starting for us, or likely half the other teams in the league.

It’s absolutely terrible, and pretty much apologises for Bain being a dick in the dressing room.

23 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s absolutely terrible, and pretty much apologises for Bain being a dick in the dressing room.

That’s basically the gist of it - It was ok for Bain to be a dick because he’s a Scottish Manuel Neuer. Absolute shite.

ETA - it’s the sort of article you expect in the Record interspersed with phrases like “Scotland star” and “Celtic ace”.

Edited by AngusTheBull

9 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Glad to get concrete proof Bains a massive fucking w****r, and English is a fully fledged OF sycophant.

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Well one of the rags must be talking shite...

Screenshot_20190607-143954_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190607-143816_WhatsApp.jpg

Give it an hour and one will be deleted.

4 hours ago, dezz said:

The only reason he’s at Celtic is because we wouldn’t sell them Trevor Carson. Bang average keeper who’s totally landed on his feet.

We could have sold them Carson and still have a No1 better than Bain.

Its easy, on paper, to look decent as Celtic keeper.

Edited by Richie

20 hours ago, Richie said:

We could have sold them Carson and still have a No1 better than Bain.

Its easy, on paper, to look decent as Celtic keeper.

Bain doesnt appear on the "top 10" list of "number of saves" this season...

Screenshot_20190608-094109_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3ddc7742e05d23c4cd97e6a413bc8259.jpg

Yet only managed one more clean sheet than Clark.

Not sure what the BBC are aiming for here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48547955

- Steven Thomson says he didn't follow women's football

- When he was paid to follow it, he did.

- To justify his free holiday to France at the taxpayers expense, Steven Thomson explains that through being paid to follow women's football, he now knows a little bit more about it than he did two years ago.