The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Barry Ferguson? The same wee ned p***k who undermined the national team manager when he played by going out drinking until 5am when told not to? The same guy who pissed all over his manager's trust with that incident? Who then further trampled on it and undermined the manager by not taking his (fair) punishment and getting on with it and, instead of acting like a reasonable adult and talking to the manager about why he felt said punishment was not fair, resorted to wee snidey schoolboy antics on camera?

That Barry Ferguson?

Also managed to force Le Guen out of Rangers because he banned chips and monster munch from the canteen. 

31 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

tbf that table is the "How It Stood" at the start of the night. So it's not their fault you misread it.

That table is like 2 months old mate. 

We’ve all played 34 and that has everyone on 27/28.

2 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

That table is like 2 months old mate. 

We’ve all played 34 and that has everyone on 27/28.

Thanks for pointing that out. haha, fucked it there.

But yeah the BBC results service is weird, I'm sure I've seen Sportscene's vidiprinter fail at least three times this season.

Also managed to force Le Guen out of Rangers because he banned chips and monster munch from the canteen. 
Le Guen forced Le Guen out of Rangers by being a hopeless manager who couldn't win football matches. That's not to say that certain players didn't behave unprofessionally.

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-didnt-player-revolt-under-9570535

Barry explains all about the fallout with Le Guen.  It was just because Barry didn't understand him.

Good grief, that is the absolute epitome of an article written purely for puddle drinkers.

'I was guilty of one thing - being a winner' 

OK Barry.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Le Guen forced Le Guen out of Rangers by being a hopeless manager who couldn't win football matches. That's not to say that certain players didn't behave unprofessionally.

I think the real answer is somewhere in between.  I genuinely think that Le Guen was trying to introduce a more modern approach to the game at Rangers, but he woefully underestimated the quality of the league and brought in some absolutely abysmal footballers.  Karl Svensson being the worst of a bad bunch, a six foot plus centre half that had no idea how to header a ball.

He also tried to alienate players, Ferguson being the prime example, instead of just saying from the off that he didn't want them there.

35 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think the real answer is somewhere in between.  I genuinely think that Le Guen was trying to introduce a more modern approach to the game at Rangers, but he woefully underestimated the quality of the league and brought in some absolutely abysmal footballers.  Karl Svensson being the worst of a bad bunch, a six foot plus centre half that had no idea how to header a ball.

He also tried to alienate players, Ferguson being the prime example, instead of just saying from the off that he didn't want them there.

Hold on, Sebo wasn't the worst?

He probably tried to change too much too quickly, underestimating the Rangers/Scottish football 'culture' and how it would cope with him coming and completely changing their ways.

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

No, surprisingly.  Svensson was watch through your fingers stuff anytime the ball came anywhere near him.

Did any of those players he brought in go on to have a decent career elsewhere?

Didn't Jeremy Clement play at a half decent level afterwards?

Just now, Desp said:

Did any of those players he brought in go on to have a decent career elsewhere?

Didn't Jeremy Clement play at a half decent level afterwards?

Clement went on to have a decent career in France with PSG, Saint Etienne and Nancy.  I always thought he could have gone on to be a great player for us, but he just always seemed to be holding back.

I vaguely remember Libor Sionko briefly tearing it up at Euro 2008 after leaving us the previous year.

And of course, if nothing else, Le Guen gave us the sexiest of left backs in Sasa Papac.

Guest Moomintroll

I weirdly remember being in Hospitality round that time through work. Sevco beat Falkirk 4-0 & I had to give the MOTM award to,I think as I guessed it right & won a raffle, Jeremy Clement who had no idea what I was doing. Good steak pies though.