The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Not journalism, but couldn’t think where else to post this. Walking past my local Ladbrokes today, who are the sponsors of our Premiership, and they have their usual advert showing a match with odds for a particular score in that match. We have a full programme of Scottish Premiership matches on tonight, so which match did they have in the window. Aston Villa v Sheffield United, which isn’t played until Friday. Just another example of how Scottish football is viewed from a corporate point of view.

Not journalism, but couldn’t think where else to post this. Walking past my local Ladbrokes today, who are the sponsors of our Premiership, and they have their usual advert showing a match with odds for a particular score in that match. We have a full programme of Scottish Premiership matches on tonight, so which match did they have in the window. Aston Villa v Sheffield United, which isn’t played until Friday. Just another example of how Scottish football is viewed from a corporate point of view.

When I worked in a bookies, these posters were down to the staff in the shop - not the company. Unless it’s changed, the blame lies with the staff in your local shop rather than the company itself...which may be more damning. Local folk aren’t even arsed about our league.

41 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

When I worked in a bookies, these posters were down to the staff in the shop - not the company. Unless it’s changed, the blame lies with the staff in your local shop rather than the company itself...which may be more damning. Local folk aren’t even arsed about our league.

Tbf my mate works in a Ladbrokes and the posters ( if that’s what Joey is taliking about ) are sent from HQ and there is no way to change this . He says he did at one time have nearly every team in the UK on a piece of card , so could alter the display but they have become lost or destroyed over the years 

Tbf my mate works in a Ladbrokes and the posters ( if that’s what Joey is taliking about ) are sent from HQ and there is no way to change this . He says he did at one time have nearly every team in the UK on a piece of card , so could alter the display but they have become lost or destroyed over the years 

Aye, we had the same. The poster itself was sent from HQ but we had all the cards so could tailor it to our customers interests. There was always blank cards we could write on if need be as well. Could always tell who was on by the state of the poster.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

^^^ Dees ace slams top beaks in sensational broadside.

PS If Keith Jackson is reading this, as I know fine well he is, feel free to use that one for free.

I'd like to add to this that if Keith Jackson is reading this, YOU'RE A FUCKING w**k M8.

50 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'd like to add to this that if Keith Jackson is reading this, YOU'RE A FUCKING w**k M8.

f**k sake mate, the man is probably reading this! Now I'm not saying I definitely wouldn't piss on Keith Jackson if he was on fire, but I'd certainly give him a chance to catch alight first though........

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I’d like to reiterate this point. In fact I’d go as far to say you’re  a c**t Keith. 

12 hours ago, Rugster said:

I’d like to reiterate this point. In fact I’d go as far to say you’re  a c**t Keith. 

I would like to add that Keith Jackson drinks rainwater out of a tramp's shoe. Allegedly.

How the f**k is that even possible? Are the daft c***s having sweeps in their office to see who gets on this thread first? 
that's proof that the match reporters arebt at the match or on acid. if its the latter i have a new found respect for them!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-embarrassment-ensures-celtic-stroll-13942637

Gordon Waddell going full "Angry old b*****d in the pub" mode with a lot of opinions, few actually based on the truth

Here is my main problem with this article, he complains about the lack of Scottish players being signed in January, throwing random numbers out and completely ignoring the number of young Scots coming through academies and breaking into the first team at their clubs. Players like Jake Hastie, Ethan Erhahon, Callum Morrison, SeanMackie, etc.. who have come from their academies and become first team regulars for their clubs in the last few months wouldn't be counted in his numbers.