The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

22 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It's fairly standard practice that those numbers are just thrown together in order to fill up space.

There's also the fact players rarely get 5 or under despite that being average. 

Just now, Darren said:

There's also the fact players rarely get 5 or under despite that being average. 

Indeed.  In reality, you should have to score a hat-trick to even be considered getting an 8.  In these cases, three solid throw ins gets you a 9.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Insists"? Nice to see they've varied their vocabulary since I last read that page.

And below it. Admits?

Jake Mulraney admits he needed help from a mind-guru to adapt to playing in front of big crowds at Tynecastle after his move from Caley Thistle to Hearts

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

And below it. Admits?

Jake Mulraney admits he needed help from a mind-guru to adapt to playing in front of big crowds at Tynecastle after his move from Caley Thistle to Hearts

I don't really see the "news" in this to be honest. Brazil have used psychologists since the 50's. 5 World Cup wins later......

25 minutes ago, Darren said:

And below it. Admits?

I absolutely hate the overuse of the word "admits" in scenarios where it's not appropriate, but I think it is actually a reasonable choice for this story.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I absolutely hate the overuse of the word "admits" in scenarios where it's not appropriate, but I think it is actually a reasonable choice for this story.

It implies guilt. What's he guilty of? Confessed/confesses is even worse.

45 minutes ago, Darren said:

And below it. Admits?

He needs to adapt to playing fucking football first.  The useless gimp that he is.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It really isn't.  Admit implies guilt.  It's like saying you admit you have an illness, or you admit to being less than confident. 

31 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
Slams

how could slams be left out until now. shame on you all! its the one that angers me the most oh. oh over use af angry as an emotion.

^^^ Dees ace slams top beaks in sensational broadside.

PS If Keith Jackson is reading this, as I know fine well he is, feel free to use that one for free.

Edited by Savage Henry