The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Honestly to f**k...Michael Stewart just credited the tackle change as a main reason we seen out the game and Chris Sutton just asks him will he credit Craig Levein and they end up having an awkward argument live on tv. It’s little wonder folk pour scorn on our game when the presenters are wrapped up in petty, pathetic pish.
Note: I’m no great fan of Michael Stewart but he literally just said it was a good change.

Honestly to f**k...Michael Stewart just credited the tackle change as a main reason we seen out the game and Chris Sutton just asks him will he credit Craig Levein and they end up having an awkward argument live on tv. It’s little wonder folk pour scorn on our game when the presenters are wrapped up in petty, pathetic pish.
Note: I’m no great fan of Michael Stewart but he literally just said it was a good change.
Scorn surely gets poured upon MOTD too with Shearer, Murphy and Jenus as the pundits. They are horrific.

1 minute ago, akuram said:

Can anyone explain how the Daily Mail gives Bain a seven and Clark a six in their ratings?
Bain did well but Clark pulled out several tremendous saves.
Were they at the match?

It's fairly standard practice that those numbers are just thrown together in order to fill up space.

7 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

To be fair he lost count of the number of non existant pens awarded and those actually scored.

They seemed to be remarkably unphased with an exceptionally high number of penalties being awarded to a team, one short of the world record I believe.  The general reaction to this very rarely achieved number seems to be in the 'what the f**k' category but the BBC's approach has been a very matter of fact 'Rangers scored three penalties and missed a fourth' followed by a period of leading with a 'there should have been five' piece.  You'd have thought such an event would be an occurrence that journos would have loved to go to town on but surprisingly it's not the case. 

10 hours ago, akuram said:

Can anyone explain how the Daily Mail gives Bain a seven and Clark a six in their ratings?
Bain did well but Clark pulled out several tremendous saves.
Were they at the match?

There's a journalist that admitted to me once that he just bases his ratings on who's nice to him, ie, gives him a quote on the regular etc.