The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

To be fair, the Record are far worse for actively trying to get non-OF players up here to sign for the OF.  

They usually aren't too bad at getting teams wrong, especially when it comes to the OF.

Speaking of the Record, Keef Meatballs has had two straight days moaning about snowflakes

Monday: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-playing-dangerous-game-neil-13916169

That said, it was not so very long ago that Ian Cathro got away with much worse after a bust-up with Bjorn Johnsen inside the away dressing room of McDiarmid Park and still managed to survive at Hearts without the HR department relieving him of his laptop.

There is an irony in all of this of course. Cathro was born into the new world of PowerPoint presentations, defensive transitions and low blocks whereas Lennon is a throwback. A product of football’s old school.

He appears now to have become the victim of the game’s changing environment. If he is guilty only of verbally turning up the heat on a few underperforming snowflakes, then it’s no wonder he’s calling in the lawyers and Parker too will be seeking advice.

Tuesday: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-details-13920203

“I am disappointed for him,” Rodgers said when asked what he had made of this spectacular rumpus on the other side of the central belt that has seen Lennon and sidekick Garry Parker subjected to an internal disciplinary probe after Friday’s meltdown at East Mains.

“I have been managing over 10 years now and 25 as a coach and it has totally changed.

“The mentality of players has changed and that is because society is different now.

“Everything is protected and we are in this surveillance society now where everything is monitored and looked at.

“You see these new iPads and iPhones now. Have you seen them? You can actually listen in now with earphones to hear what other people are saying.

“Have you seen that? Who invents that? Some nerd sat in a room!”

There was definitely a snowflake mention in the actual paper to go along with the above. Absolutely tragic individual.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, kingjoey said:
I was there, and must have lost count as I thought it was only 33-1.

Nah you're right, the 27th "goal" was actually offside and correctly not given by the officials...hence this article being in the terrible journalism thread

Another #honestmistake?

Gary Locke on BT just now, they’re discussing Lennon and Canning:

“For Hamilton Accies, the fanbase they’ve got and the size of the club, for them to stay in the SPFL is a fantastic achievement”

Strange comment, I’m not aware of any clubs with regular four figure attendances being relegated from the SPFL, let alone those as large as Hamilton’s average.