The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Went on to see if they had a "rate the signings" or "deadline day round up" section, as I seen a new article was up this morning. 

Turns out it's a "pick your old firm 11" piece instead. 

Far be it from me to defend the beeb but there's plenty of transfer information on their site.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

‘Tear stained response’

It’s not fucking P&B bbc. Arseholes.

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote that does indeed read these inestimable pages.  And, to be fair, that's the very definition of a tear-stained response.

And that same person is determined that James Tavernier is a left back.

FOOTBALL GOSSIP

Dynamo Kiev, who bid £7m, and Bordeaux, who tabled on offer of £5m, failed in deadline-day approaches to sign striker Alfredo Morelos from Rangers. (Daily Express)

Rangers rejected a transfer deadline-day offer from West Bromwich Albionto sign left-back James Tavernier on loan with the promise of a £2.5m permanent transfer in January. (Daily Record)

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has made moves to extend the contracts of left-back James Tavernier and striker Alfredo Morelos. (The Herald, print edition)

Edited by Savage Henry

8 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

The BBC usually have their live match day text up by now, any reason why they’re late today emoji848.png

It's there. Just not easy to find. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/45324204

Probably been demoted to the very arse end of the Sport page due to the big sporting event of the weekend:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/archery/44970897

ETA: As I wrote this it has been bumped up to the top. Somebody probably read your comment and got it fixed.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

BBC have an Old Firm combined squad thing, it was posted today and allowed you to pick a team between the two sides. You can still pick Calvin Miller and Moussa Dembele on it, absolutely right up to date as usual from the BBC.

What the heck is this guff?

There's enough shite statistics around to fill an, ahem, infographic, but what the sweet jeebus is the difference between 'shots' and 'total shots'? Is the former 'shots on target'? Can't be, as it's a larger number. So Total Shots must mean Shots on Target; i.e. something completely different. Good job.

As an aside, I am still implacably opposed to the whole "assists" thing. Urgh. I saw "secondary assists" the other day too which is even more revolting. Ice hockey thread for that pish.

Capture.JPG.50c6248c6abc61115f9700ce0caa780b.JPG

SG after match interview on sky. For the goal he said.

For the Jack incident, which wasn't a foul, he stated...
The 4th official was shouting ' foul, foul, foul, foul.' At the referee

It was the ref decision so that doesn't matter.

If I was that 4 th official if I didn't shout that I a totally u professional and stupid manner I would complaining to the SPFL

On 9/3/2018 at 02:49, gannonball said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/8-freed-premier-league-stars-12786384

8 ‘free’ players who could interest Celtic. Despite Findlay signing permanently at Kille months ago and  Ki Seung Yueng now at Newcastle.

It's more of a lazy-ass updating job.  The original article was published in June but updated (poorly) two days ago

The sports  guy on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about the League Of Nations. “This means an end to meaningless friendlies.” Ok pal, so what can Scotland qualify, or not qualify, for by playing Belgium and Portugal?
In general that's true though - Scotland just happened to be drawn in the only group of 3 in our league.