The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've written a strongly worded letter to the BBC about how the new colour scheme again reveals their clear  and obvious bias towards all things Alloa Athletic.  

It's so blatant now and is getting quite out of hand.  

Same old Alloa...

On 8/17/2018 at 21:23, Rugster said:

The statement is factually correct.  

The word 'with' implies some sort of dependency between the two clauses.

Hope he stays and costs them a fortune while not playing a minute for them this season.

This morning St Mirren were linked with Lee Hodson. At this point he was a Rangers "star".

Over the next few hours something terrible seems to have happened as by the time we did indeed sign him he had been downgraded to "outcast".

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

This morning St Mirren were linked with Lee Hodson. At this point he was a Rangers "star".

Over the next few hours something terrible seems to have happened as by the time we did indeed sign him he had been downgraded to "outcast".

More importantly, what was his Fringe show like?

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Outcast is actually accurate though. Makes a lot more sense than the description of a "fringe star".

Radio Scotland's sports bulletin this morning took a strange view of the Old Firm's European prospects following last night's games.

Apparently, Rangers 'have one foot in the next round' after their 1-0 home win, while Celtic 'have it all to do' after getting a 1-1 draw away from home.

With Rangers facing a long away trip with a narrow lead and Celtic facing a home game level on aggregate with an away goal, I think many football observers might see it the other way around.

Radio Scotland's sports bulletin this morning took a strange view of the Old Firm's European prospects following last night's games.
Apparently, Rangers 'have one foot in the next round' after their 1-0 home win, while Celtic 'have it all to do' after getting a 1-1 draw away from home.
With Rangers facing a long away trip with a narrow lead and Celtic facing a home game level on aggregate with an away goal, I think many football observers might see it the other way around.
Noticed that on the website this morning. Last I'd heard, Rangers were 1-0 up and McGregor had made a couple of good saves to deny the Russians. When I saw the headline "Rangers with one foot in the Group stage" I assumed they'd maybe scored a couple of late goals to win the leg 3-0 or something. Opened the article to find it had stayed 1-0 and that the Russians looked handy. Bizarre.

Tut tut!
It’s “Steven Gerard’s Rangers” dontcha know 🤬

On 24/08/2018 at 06:23, JTS98 said:

Agreed, especially the bit in bold.

Obvs I haven't seen any The Rangers coverage, but watched the entire first half of Celtic, and that team are no better than bottom of our Championship . How they didn't thrash them is beyond me, but their youth team would whip them in the second leg. Classic BBC shite.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

In the Record today, that expert on Scottish football, Dennis Wise, thinks that Rangers are going to beat Celtic.

And according to the BBC's Old Firm Gossip page, that other well known Scottish football expert Ian Wright feels Rangers Int are on their way back.  Quite an achievement considering they've never been. Jabba's obviously stepped it up even further this season.

10 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

And according to the BBC's Old Firm Gossip page, that other well known Scottish football expert Ian Wright feels Rangers Int are on their way back.  Quite an achievement considering they've never been. Jabba's obviously stepped it up even further this season.

Yes, I've seen Ian Wright quoted as saying that Rangers' reaching the top flight represents an incredible achievement.  It's great that we get provided with that kind of insight.