The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Out in the car tonight and listening to Talksport (I know). St Mirren fan phoned in to say that the Scottish Premiership and the English Premier League were as competitive as each other, as the difference at the end of last season between Celtic and Aberdeen , and Manchester City and Manchester United was the same, nineteen points. He said nineteen three times to make it worse.

Was it Paul Hardcastle?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irn-bru-cup-draw-live-13090469.amp

If you’ve not followed the competition so far you may have noticed that holders Inverness are absent from the list below.

That’s because they were dumped at the first hurdle by Dunfermline.

An 87th minute Callum Smith penalty sent John Robertson’s side crashing out with a 2-1 defeat.

_102969524_asdfasd.jpg.2d14329e531256fc6f6fe4ff3d98f7e5.jpg_102836822_c646de4b-41fc-438d-a7ff-0fc4ada36bca.png.ad46d6fcf2c76ae51c8f3c5db40aaafc.png

I see our national broadcaster has changed the generic old form drivel page gossip column logo from green and white to grey, yellow and black on the Scotland website while keeping it green and white elsewhere. How strange. I wonder why...

From the BBC website tonight - “Boyata.........could still be a possible target for foreign clubs with Scotland’s transfer window not closing until Friday, 31st August.” I mean, does no one with any football knowledge check these stories before they are released to the general public? Obviously they don’t, or the BBC web employees have no football knowledge.

55 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

From the BBC website tonight - “Boyata.........could still be a possible target for foreign clubs with Scotland’s transfer window not closing until Friday, 31st August.” I mean, does no one with any football knowledge check these stories before they are released to the general public? Obviously they don’t, or the BBC web employees have no football knowledge.

What's wrong with that?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

It makes no odds when the Scottish window shuts, its when the window shuts in the country that any club wanting to buy him, shuts. Do you work for the. BBC?

The statement is factually correct.  

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

The statement is factually correct.  

It's factually correct, but so is this.

"As Clyde prepare to face Peterhead tomorrow, Celtic are looking to hold on to Boyata."

When the Scottish window closes (slams shut etc) is of no consequence.

On 17/08/2018 at 12:08, 7-2 said:

_102969524_asdfasd.jpg.2d14329e531256fc6f6fe4ff3d98f7e5.jpg_102836822_c646de4b-41fc-438d-a7ff-0fc4ada36bca.png.ad46d6fcf2c76ae51c8f3c5db40aaafc.png

I see our national broadcaster has changed the generic old form drivel page gossip column logo from green and white to grey, yellow and black on the Scotland website while keeping it green and white elsewhere. How strange. I wonder why...

I've written a strongly worded letter to the BBC about how the new colour scheme again reveals their clear  and obvious bias towards all things Alloa Athletic.  

It's so blatant now and is getting quite out of hand.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis