The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The BBC still don't know how the bonus point system works.

stupidbeeb.thumb.JPG.8b9739a94822cada64428ede8ce3e732.JPG

Here's how you do it BBC Scotland, courtesy of Wikipedia. That's Wiki-fucking-pedia doing it right and BBC fucking Scotland unable to understand how it works. Dopes

2igp0rn.png

Edited by EdTheDuck

I assume the editing of the Scottish football section of the BBC website is given to whichever intern has the lowest literacy and numeracy rate.

Or the same halfwit who keeps claiming Stevie G is going for 55 with Sevco. Major trophies =ZERO.

14 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

BBC listing Celtic's starting XI in a very random order or else Brendan is trolling by starting Moussa Dembele in defence

image.thumb.png.1b686e51ca0f696e7aa4b997b29feb68.png

This happens all over the place, but it doesn't really annoy me.  What does annoy me is trying to work out how that order came about.   It isn't by position, or by squad number order (although the subs are), or even alphabetical order.  Surely it wouldn't just be at random.

17 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Capture.PNG.872d65da223ac294ea25f5cdd7ed293f.PNG

Either the BBC have forgotten the first tie took place or maybe they are suggesting some sort of UEFA backed conspiracy that the second leg remains null and void and is constantly replayed until the right result is obtained

It's because there are two qualifying rounds before the group stages under their new "we want more big teams" rules.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What?  How does that even work as an explanation?

Maybe I'm wrong I'm not going to pretend to know because it's irrelevant to me as I'm a Dee.

I thought there was two more qualifying games that's Celtic had to play as the rules made it that extra teams from Europes tip league made it and others had to play more qualifying games before the group stage.

Their next opponents being rosenborg the second leg of that.

If I'm wrong meh.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
23 hours ago, Crawford said:
It's because there are two qualifying rounds before the group stages under their new "we want more big teams" rules.

Wrong. It's even worse than that! There's four!

Ah thanks for that. I think it was badly worded the original BBC piece that we were all chatting about. That and they are right up there with the worst offenders when it comes to reporting Scottish football wrong.

Ah thanks for that. I think it was badly worded the original BBC piece that we were all chatting about. That and they are right up there with the worst offenders when it comes to reporting Scottish football wrong.
Although I may have misunderstood what you meant.
There are four altogether. So Celtic still have three to negotiate.

42 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I thought there was two more qualifying games that's Celtic had to play as the rules made it that extra teams from Europes tip league made it and others had to play more qualifying games before the group stage.

Their next opponents being rosenborg the second leg of that.

So any suspension would be for the second leg of the next round rather than the first?