The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

29 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good post, Ross.  Joey and 7-2 are weel-kent bluenoses so we now know how they'll be spending this evening ;)

Our squad and coaching staff probably have as many Rangers appearances as Rangers' current squad to be fair.

#StaunchFC #NoSonrender 

46 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

No shame here kinky. TNS are a good team, a very good team.

Indeed., poet boy.  Plus, like most of P&B, they love The Rangers.  As their manager said:

Scott Ruscoe watched The New Saints lose 3-1 to their opponents in a pre-season friendly in the sunshine at the Hummel Training Centre in Milngavie yesterday.

The encounter was a closed-doors game that was watched by only a handful of Rangers and New Saints players and coaching staff.

However, Ruscoe revealed that he had been impressed by how the host team, who fielded two different outfield teams in each half, had performed and tipped them to stroll past Shkupi.

The 40-year-old is also confident they will be able to push Celtic, who have lifted the last sev-en Scottish titles and are bidding to win a record-breaking 10 consecutive top flight trophies, all the way in the league in the near future.

“We play the Macedonian champions, Shkendija, in the Champions League while Rangers have got the team which finished fourth in that country, Shkupi, in the Europa League,” he said.

“I feel they will go through quite comfortably. I am sure that Steven will want his side to work hard, play free-flowing football and push Celtic all the way in the league.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16330701.scott-ruscoe-gerrards-new-look-rangers-team-will-beat-shkupi-then-push-celtic-all-the-way-in-league/

16 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Our squad and coaching staff probably have as many Rangers appearances as Rangers' current squad to be fair.

#StaunchFC #NoSonrender 

Good to spread the love.  We and your mob have been like conjoined twins since 1891...

Any story that mentions war chest, deadline busting, swooped or jetted in (like aircraft travel is fecking uncommon) pretty much ticks the terrible journalism box.
I had never seen the phrase deadline-busting until the BBC used it earlier and I hoped to never see it again.

On 30/06/2018 at 19:15, HaikuHibee said:

• You have a standard English pundit. Take Gary Lineker. He recognises England have a rivalry with Germany, and enjoys it. It is a reason I remember England-Germany games. I have no real problem with those guys, but they are still English pundits for an English audience.
  • Then you have English pundits 'discovering' Scotland.  Like that utter w**k that came up to Scotland to talk about Anyone But England as if its not been around since the 19th century (what was all these iconic moments in Scottish footballing history, 1967, 1977 and digging up Wembley all about?) and even formed the basis for modern international football (why was the first international friendly between Scotland and England?). Even there, that's just a symptom of the fact the English people are being asked to cover Scottish football, it's like asking a German to give us a rundown on the English resentment to Germany's successes.
  • But what I really can't stand, and where I agree with you is that Scottish journalists can be worse than those guys (or as bad), and I imagine Welsh ones are even worse than Scottish ones. Scottish commentators and pundits nearly all consider the fact the BBC presents Scottish football as a novelty sideshow as perfectly normal. They will gleefully give us updates on a Scottish diddy's career in the championship as if everyone at a game on Saturday should care Barrie McKay scored against Preston. Funnily enough I find a lot of the English players that have been here for a while (like Chris Sutton and even Terry Butcher) or Scottish players that played in England have the most respect for our game.
  • Then there are the dribbling bellends writing for the BBC and newspapers, who - for whatever reason - will convince the vast majority of Scottish football fans that is all in their heads and go as far to tell folk to support England and present it as some forward-thinking revolutionary concept, as if they are fighting for the emancipation of slaves and not being oddities in the oldest rivalry in football. They are truly the dregs of sports journalism. Offering nothing but gibberish to Scottish football fans, English football fans, or any football fans anywhere at any time.

One of the worst attempts at composing a haiku that I've ever seen.

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

One of the worst attempts at composing a haiku that I've ever seen.

:lol: I was so angry. The coverage has been shite, really dreadful stuff.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Guest JTS98
On 7/11/2018 at 22:48, Monkey Tennis said:

While the above' s true

It represents no excuse

To depart from form

To give him his due

Not many Hibees can write

So he's doing quite well

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Starts off well enough