The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

In a battle of minds between Keith Jackson and Jim Traynor, who would win? Quite startling lack of awareness by Scoop here.

After the arrival of Scottish football's saviour, I take it Rangers Int fans are now putting random 'g's into words to rival the ***s 'h's.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Capture.JPG

It's a mashup of the Celtic - Aberdeen and Hibs - Rangers games (hence 11 goals*). They're disregarding the Killie - Hearts game, presumably because it was a dead rubber.

*although that's a bit like describing a 7-2 gubbing as a "nine goal thriller".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/jason-naismith-aberdeen-transfer-target-12535214

Absolute cracker from the Record here.

1. Jason Naismith signed a three and a half year contract, and isn't out of contract.

2. The second photo is Marcus Fraser. 

Yes Lichtie, but there's a subtle difference between the above, which does indeed represent common sense and the stuff people are objecting to.
It's the Willie Miller type dismay and hurt when bigger clubs are overtaken by smaller ones; it's the Keith Jackson longing for every club to "punch at its weight" as if that's what makes football interesting; it's the stuff from Stephen Craigan and Simon Donnelly about how United "deserve" to be better placed, as if what we're seeing is an injustice.  
That's what pisses us off and that's the unsupportable shite that so often gets an uncritical airing in the media.

Agree in a way. Maybe they could describe it better. I think when they say things like ‘they deserve’ they’re talking about the fans of the clubs and not the clubs themselves. Really like Craigan and don’t see him as that kind of person who thinks like that.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree in a way. Maybe they could describe it better. I think when they say things like ‘they deserve’ they’re talking about the fans of the clubs and not the clubs themselves. Really like Craigan and don’t see him as that kind of person who thinks like that.

Whit?

That's even worse.

Why the Hell would fans of a bigger club be more deserving of relative success than those of a side like, oh I don't know, Arbroath?

Whit?
That's even worse.
Why the Hell would fans of a bigger club be more deserving of relative success than those of a side like, oh I don't know, Arbroath?

The more fans you have equals more money going into the club which means clubs should if managed properly be able to finish in a position relative to their fan base.

Of course it doesn’t always work that way and good management of smaller clubs has them punching above their weight and bad management of bigger clubs has them way below where they should be.

Arbroath for a part time team with average crowds of 750-800 should be around about where we are now. I said that when we were in League 2 aswell, we should have been in League 1 in and around the play offs like we are now.

It’s not a given but it can be used as a measure

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The more fans you have equals more money going into the club which means clubs should if managed properly be able to finish in a position relative to their fan base.

Of course it doesn’t always work that way and good management of smaller clubs has them punching above their weight and bad management of bigger clubs has them way below where they should be.

Arbroath for a part time team with average crowds of 750-800 should be around about where we are now. I said that when we were in League 2 aswell, we should have been in League 1 in and around the play offs like we are now.

It’s not a given but it can be used as a measure

Thats a completely different thing to saying "fans of bigger clubs deserve more success" though, I think/hope you've just put it across wrong in your earlier post.

Hopefully Livingston go up in the playoffs. Willie Miller will be fuming if they and Hamilton are in the Premiership. Shame County went down as the three of them might just be enough to have broken him.