The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

20 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

This aged well. Although you could have a thread full of terrible takes by Gordon Parks.

A link from that very article: 

5aa66ec9b35f9_ScreenShot2018-03-12at12_11_27.png.90f2b56b87484c27d84d398f772f8edb.png

Roberts is clearly buzzing for some matches in training

A sort of Terrible Potential Journalism avoided

Although a win for Celtic is never usually a positive for me, the fact is has resulted in the gin soaked jakies at our national media having to bin pre-prepared headlines in the stylee of "Scottish Football Gets Its Mojo Back" and "Long Wait Without A Title Challenge Is Over"  is a positive of sorts I can take from the game.

6 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

A sort of Terrible Potential Journalism avoided

Although a win for Celtic is never usually a positive for me, the fact is has resulted in the gin soaked jakies at our national media having to bin pre-prepared headlines in the stylee of "Scottish Football Gets Its Mojo Back" and "Long Wait Without A Title Challenge Is Over"  is a positive of sorts I can take from the game.

Yes, that's pretty much how I feel.

Enjoying a Rangers defeat is cancelled out by who the victor was, so it's not something to be celebrated.

It has however dented the hopes of those who yearn for a return to the duopoly.  That's the silver lining to be found in a Celtic win.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's pretty much how I feel.

Enjoying a Rangers defeat is cancelled out by who the victor was, so it's not something to be celebrated.

It has however dented the hopes of those who yearn for a return to the duopoly.  That's the silver lining to be found in a Celtic win.

Yup, a badly tarnished silver lining.

What really hacks me off is the fact that The Rangers, from top to bottom honestly believed they were going to win the game and could and would mount a challenge to Celtic. You can call it arrogance or self-deception or whatever you like but it works like belief.

Compare that to Aberdeen who almost routinely, also from top to bottom, state unequivocally, apparently earnestly believing, that they cannot mount such a challenge.

I hope Hibs, if they are to be the new Best Of The Rest, have more self-belief. We all know that in the long run the OF will win the title almost every time but when it all comes together for one of the others, however briefly, they can’t handicap themselves even further by wallowing in defeatism.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

Yup, a badly tarnished silver lining.

What really hacks me off is the fact that The Rangers, from top to bottom honestly believed they were going to win the game and could and would mount a challenge to Celtic. You can call it arrogance or self-deception or whatever you like but it works like belief.

Compare that to Aberdeen who almost routinely, also from top to bottom, state unequivocally, apparently earnestly believing, that they cannot mount such a challenge.

I hope Hibs, if they are to be the new Best Of The Rest, have more self-belief. We all know that in the long run the OF will win the title almost every time but when it all comes together for one of the others, however briefly, they can’t handicap themselves even further by wallowing in defeatism.

You'll be able to provide the relevant sevco quotes to back that claim up?

10 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-no-12196511

Barry Ferguson back to his best as he claims Brendan Rodgers was lucky on Sunday.  Just read it.  The man is an absolute tit.

I got about half way through before determining that it was just too stupid an article to continue reading so I gave up. Still, the Bluenoses will lap that up from Barry "WATP" Ferguson.

"Had Sean Goss showed Odsonne Edouard down the outside – as he should have done – then the Celtic sub would have been unlikely to score the winning goal two minutes after coming on to the pitch."

#LUCK

Just now, The Minertaur said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-no-12196511

Barry Ferguson back to his best as he claims Brendan Rodgers was lucky on Sunday.  Just read it.  The man is an absolute tit.

Auntie

Balls

Uncle

The whole article is an exercise in speculative futility. He is. as you say, a tit.

10 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

"Had Sean Goss showed Odsonne Edouard down the outside – as he should have done – then the Celtic sub would have been unlikely to score the winning goal two minutes after coming on to the pitch."

#LUCK

:lol:

If Rogic wasn't very good he'd never have scored that goal, different game then.  All about luck.

It seems he has the small seeds of a valid point in his head that it wasn't necessarily a tactical masterclass by Rodgers that won Celtic the game. He has however been unable to to then understand the difference between luck and Celtic having better players than Rangers. The fact that Goss missed a tackle and Rogic scored a belter, that Morelos missed a sitter, that Goss couldn't get near Edouard points to the fact that the Celtic players are better and thats what won them the game. Maybe he does understand that but puts it down to "luck" that rangers were victimised by the powers that be when they were "demoted" and thats why they find themselves behind celtic?