The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Scotsman.  http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/rumour-mill-celtic-in-for-swiss-forward-forest-to-return-for-mcginn-mackay-steven-punched-several-times-1-4545041

Mackay-Steven in club altercation Gary Mackay-Steven was staggering around Glasgow nightclub Sanctuary and bumping into customers ADVERTISEMENT before being punched “between five to eight times” according to a witness on the same night out the Aberdeen winger had to be rescued from the River Kelvin. The player spent an hour in the water before being rushed to hospital where he was treated to hypothermia. (Daily Record)

14 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Not exactly bad journalism I guess but man that's pretty patronising?

As one of the replies says you wouldn't have got this kind of patter if it was a Celtic or Rangers signing.

I hope he fucked those boots in the bin before he stepped into Dens.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11013588/hearts-manager-craig-levein-completes-deal-for-ross-callachan-from-raith-rovers

Just for the record, hes no the one on the left. At least Wikipedia the boy, rather than just google image rangers v raith ross callachan and presume hes the one with the armband in a game from 2 year ago.

Not even terrible, just lazy

Not journalism per se but the BBC Breakfast news "now the sports news and let's talk about all the big money transfers that DIDNT happen yesterday".
I hope they all catch VD.

Or just as bad yesterday, jim white saying "happy transfer deadline day" to folk he was speaking to.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1500237/jamie-walker-pre-contract-rangers-hearts-free-next-summer/

A candidate for the most craven regurgitation of a PR exercise from The Rangers in the history of journalism.

- presenting Walker moving next summer on, err, September 1 as a stunning transfer coup

1504252538093.jpg.0d1dbb287064f51d1650ab136ffd2901.jpg

- Hearts "said to be willing to lower the asking price": standard, passive, journo speak for 'I don't actually have a source for that bullshit claim'.

1504252662641.jpg.3936254f0df9faf88990f4f08bbec2b7.jpg

- Joe Dodoo being touted in a potential player swap deal "but Gers weren't for doing one". So, err, failed to sign the player that they wanted.

1504252772627.jpg.1443aa0fdcd7a32cdd87e8a61446507f.jpg

A truly stunning transfer coup.

6 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Or just as bad yesterday, jim white saying "happy transfer deadline day" to folk he was speaking to.

To be fair to Jim, deadline day is his Christmas because it's the only day anyone pays much attention to him...

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, mjw said:

If I had a shift with Natalie I'm not sure I'd be able to speak.

I caught a quick view of her on SSN yesterday and it looks like she's been enjoying a few too many free buffets recently.