The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's a quite incredible mindset.

If I was a Rangers fan (gads min) I'd be insulted by the utter dog shite printed by the likes of the Record never mind one of their club 'legends'.  

"Just spend money, that's what Celtic are doing and we're Glasgow Rangers, we must spend" merely 5 years on from driving themselves into the ground for this very reason.

See right here is why I have very little sympathy for any club in administration.

They are all the same when the administrators are in giving it the big 1 about how 'as long as the club survive, that's all that matters'. What a fucking lie.

What they should really say is as long as we survive we will shortly return to being a basket case and hope we get it right next time.

Edited by Gaz FFC

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

See right here is why I have very little sympathy for any club in administration.

They are all the same when the administrators are in giving it the big 1 about how 'as long as the club survive, that's all that matters'. What a fucking lie.

What they should really say is as long as we survive we will shortly return to being a basket case and hope we get it right next time.

I read Smith's quotes just to make sure it wasn't overblown tabloid nonsense.

It's not, he does say they need to gamble with going into debt to compete with Celtic.  He actually says 'people can say what they like about being sensible but...'.

Now, a business being in debt is not necessarily a bad thing, sustainable gearing is perfectly legitimate.  But we are talking about a club currently relying on soft loans to pay the existing bills.  So to suggest that they spend millions on speculative transfers just to satisfy their little pantomime rivalry with their best mates is just lunacy.

And I agree with you, 5 years ago the administrators were trying to pull on the heartstrings of everyone with 'Rangers fans just want a team playing at Ibrox to support'.  Clearly this is not true.

Fellow moronic Aberdeen fans often complain about Hamilton on twitter - no fans, artificial pitch that bus etc.

They absolutely deserve to be in the top flight. The last time I looked the league table was not based on the number of fans you have but the numbers of points gained on the pitch. 

When we finished 9th three seasons in a row it was all our own fault - just because we are thought by some to be a proverbial "big team" it did not give us a divine right to be successful and if had been relegated during that period it would have been entirely deserved.

A personal opinion is that I hope Hamilton stay up this season just for the enormous amount of seethe it would cause amongst the sports desk occupiers of the trashy red topped tabloid press.

Edited by jessmagic

2 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

It's incredible that not one journalist will take him to task on it. Cowards.

tbf Tom English was pretty scathing.

Fortunately it will be a cold day in hell before any bears listen to him. For some reason. 

So spend bears, spend! Borrow, beg, steal (again), gamble it all in the hope you might get the one CL spot.  Go on, we all dare you.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

If you have shite directors who employ shite managers who sign shite players, you end up where you deserve.  You could have 70,000 season ticket holders but it's effectively meaningless if you have this scenario.

Hibs and United are the epitome of this.  

That Walter Smith 'article' is incredible.  Highlights -

• The Gers icon fears the support will “deteriorate” if they don’t get success and close the gap at the top
  • “But I keep hearing all the time that Rangers problems were because of debt. The strange thing is Rangers didn’t have any debt when the problems started.
  • ”For Rangers to get access to Champions League money they may have to take a gamble and risk going into debt.

How much do we think Rangers would need to spend to compete with Celtic right now?  They'd need basically a whole new team!  Gers fans will lap it up though as it's good old Walter saying it.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Dozens of journalists in Egypt and Turkey have been murdered and imprisoned because of their work.

I don't think that's a valid comparison to Scottish football journalism, to be absolutely honest.

I'd quite happily see Keith Jackson imprisoned or murdered. Preferably the latter.

Worth clarifying this paragraph - only the 4th placed side went up as a result of Rangers' capitulation. But I can understand why you might feel aggrieved.

Did 9th maybe stay up aswell then?

Eta: positive it was the 2 play off finalists and obviously the league winners

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Did 9th maybe stay up aswell then?

Eta: positive it was the 2 play off finalists and obviously the league winners

Both playoff finalists went up, but only Airdrie went up due to Rangers. Dumbarton would have gone up anyway as they won the playoffs.

49 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

That Walter Smith 'article' is incredible.  Highlights -

• The Gers icon fears the support will “deteriorate” if they don’t get success and close the gap at the top
  • “But I keep hearing all the time that Rangers problems were because of debt. The strange thing is Rangers didn’t have any debt when the problems started.
  • ”For Rangers to get access to Champions League money they may have to take a gamble and risk going into debt.

It's like the last 5yrs - indeed 25yrs - never happened.

Scottish journos are imprisoned with their freedom to freely write the truth removed.

f**k the journos.

The posters on this site, every one of you, are the best places to get all news and rumours on every club. The mainstream papers only care about two clubs.

Delve into every thread on this site from time to time to see what's happening at every club, all 40, because I love Scottish football.

It's why this sites great, that and the fact that people post daily photos of Milfs and there's a lot of screwballs going about dain mental hings. :lol:

It's like the last 5yrs - indeed 25yrs - never happened.

Is that not the crux of the problem though. The entire culture around Rangers for literally decades has been based on chucking money around (whether they have it or not). It's all they know.

It's almost Pavlovian in so much as their response to a problem is simply to throw cash at it.

No one should be in the least bit surprised at this tbh. In truth I just hope that when they go out of business next time that it's for good.

17 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

If the braindead c**t *** fans have the mindset that they need to spend a fortune then they'll lose the plot when the club inevitably fails to "spend big".

So really it's a good thing that Smith is spouting this garbage.

Not often I agree with Stan, but this outcome will be amusing at some point.

It's like supporting England's tournament opponents - ultimately they lose to someone (apart from Scotland).

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k the journos.

The posters on this site, every one of you, are the best places to get all news and rumours on every club. The mainstream papers only care about two clubs.

Delve into every thread on this site from time to time to see what's happening at every club, all 40, because I love Scottish football.

It's why this sites great, that and the fact that people post daily photos of Milfs and there's a lot of screwballs going about dain mental hings. :lol:

Where are these photos of milfs located?

Thank you.